Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 02:53:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Advice

Started by jeffro123, Apr 18, 2006, 01:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffro123

Dear Soc:
To give a little history..  Custody case in ohio.  Originally settled in March of 2003.  After multipe DV's against me, I won a psychological and a GAL.  I (stupidly I think) gave shared parenting with me as residential parent.  The psychological warned of future alienation.  
Fast forward to last fall.. New wife gets into altercation with my son.  Ex wife files DV on current wife on behalf of son.  DV dropped etc no merit.
Change in custody continues and we have a "home study" done.  Home Study recommends custody switch back to me (Was temporarily changed during DV against current wife).  I am being alienated from my son and I am fortunate enough to be winning the studies.  Child is 10.5 now.  
Friday is court day and I know they will TRY to get us to agree again.  I want limited visitation time for my son with ex for NOW.  However, I am afraid of pushing the issue.

1.  Should I push for the Standard Order that was mentioned in the home study?
2.  Any other advice?

socrateaser

>1.  Should I push for the Standard Order that was mentioned in
>the home study?

You should refuse to accept anything less than an immediate return to the status quo that existed prior to the false DV action, and you should sue the other parent for wrongful institution of civil action, if she has any assets that can be used to pay for your loss of society with your son. If she doesn't have any assets (home w/ equity), then don't waste your time.

The point is that this isn't some simple little custody dispute. The woman is affirmatively attempting to seize total control of the child, both physically and mentally, and trying to ruin your marriage in the process.

You want sole custody with visitation and you'll settle for the standard order during negotiation.

>2.  Any other advice?

Get pissed -- you're entitled. Most alienated parents can't prove their case. You appear to be an exception to the rule -- take advantage of the opportunity.