Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 18, 2024, 10:14:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Criminal?

Started by Dadxl5, Apr 25, 2006, 10:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miller

your advice and help gives people a realistic view of what to expect.  From what I've seen, your advice is correct the majority of the time.

Sarcasm?  I don't see any sarcasm from you.  Perhaps you throw in a light-hearted word or two, but in the intense world of a custody battle or child-related court case, then those light-hearted words can help so much.

I'm not sure how this post went downhill so quickly.  I've read each post and felt that your advice was honest and helpful.  In the last post from the poster, it seems like something must have happened to upset him and it seems that it might not be just what you said.  Perhaps something that happened in real life?

Regardless, I would hate to see this board go away.  It's been a help to so many and will be in the future.

Sherry1

not an emotional standpoint.  Therefore, some people don't like what you say because they want you to either agree with them or tell them something they want to hear.  This is the wrong board for that type of answer.  If someone wants someone to validate what they are saying without a legal standpoint or legal precedence based finding, then they need to post on the child custody or child support board where people can provide them "their personal or emotional" opinion.  

I think you have provided people with a lot of good sound legal advice and I read your board just so that I can "know more" about child custody/visitation based upon a legal/law viewpoint.  I have personally seen posts on the other boards on this site where someone is asking for a legal opinion and I have steered them to your board (and telling them ahead of time to make sure to follow your mandatory guidelines!)

This poster is full of emotion and he wants an emotional opinion based upon his quandry, not an legal based opinion.

jcsct5

It has been my experience that Soc is right on the money 99.9% of the time. Soc provides excellent legal advise to the posters on this board.

I think all the posters on this board can understand your frustration about your situation, as most of us have similar problems, but this board isn't for venting those frustrations. It is for obtaining legal advise. In order for Soc to provide that to you, you must post the facts about your case, not your emotional opinions.

Good luck to you.

And Soc please keep of the wonderful service you are providing to the posters on this board, we appreciate what you are doing.

MixedBag

Soc didn't deserve that response.

End of conversation.

Ref

Soc is ususally right on the money. There have been times I've been pissed at his responses, but not at him. You have to understand that he is not going to soften a blow on this board so you can get smaked in the @ss in the courtroom. Honestly, take it from Soc instead of the judge.

Sorry to disgree with some of you, but I can see how he feels Soc is sarcastic. That is one of his charms (unless I am the one on the other end).

Remember that if he just told you what you wanted to hear, you wouldn't get the advice you need.

Best Wishes
Ref

DecentDad

First, Soc ain't perfect, and nobody can be perfect in a system as flawed as family law.

However, his advice has been solid for me over the years.  I won some, and I didn't win some.  But I won more than I would have, had I not had his advice.

The blunt truth is sometimes painful.  But it doesn't necessarily reflect on the messenger of it.

speciallady

Soc--causing trouble again, eh? Kidding!

I agree with MixedBag--understand the posters frustrations but family law is not a fun place for sure.
YOU do a wonderful thing here Soc and really, there is no board like this on the net!

wendl

1st off I would like to thank Soc for taking is time and giving us advise based on the law and no emotion (we need that as most of us put emotions into stuff and it bites us in the rear)

2nd Soc times his free time and helps us for FREE.  How many other legal professionals would do this free of charge and on their own time, I am sure Soc has a life outside Sparc and his line of work he is in, but he cares and is here to help us understand the legal system.

We all get frustrated with the system, as my attorney said its a crap shoot, sometimes you win sometimes you loose, but you need to preopare yourself and attorneys know the ins and outs dos and don'ts of the court system.  

THANK YOU SOC FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR ALL OF US.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

charlie967

I don't post often but I am on the boards reading everyday and Soc's board is where I come first.  Why?  Because he is honest, straightforth and gives FREE advice.  It may not be all warm and fuzzy and make you feel good inside but it's better that you hear him tell you like it is than walk into court and hear it from a judge or from your attorney and oh by the way, here is your HUGE bill.  Soc gives his expert advice if you ask and that is a huge service to anyone who takes advantage of it.  His sense of humor may not be to your liking but he has made me chuckle more times than my attorney every has!!  Keep up the good work Soc.  

socrateaser

I can barely stand the compliments -- my cheeks hurt (both sets)!

Seriously, though if anyone ever thinks I've lost my mind, don't be afraid to speak up. There's no point in my being here if I'm not doing anyone any good.

Thanks again, folks!