Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 02:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Criminal?

Started by Dadxl5, Apr 25, 2006, 10:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLMom

Soc's "sarcasm" is my reality check. He's saved me from myself more times than I can mention. When I was going on emotion and ready to jump in and do something stupid, his advice cleared that cloud and allowed me to see. Sometimes I'm so wanting to "right" things that are clearly wrong I forget how "legal reasoning" works. To paraphrase Jon Stewart, he is my "moment of Zen".

We pay attorneys to perform a service for us. Some will use that trust to blow sunshine up our skirts to keep us continuing to employ them. That issue is a moot point here. I put my full trust in what Soc says over what my attorneys have told me 9 times out of 10.

BTW Soc, the offer to set you up with my single 30-something sister is still open.

With much thanks for all that you do,
FLMom

wysiwyg

We have all taken a beating from our "nut jobs" - some more than others.  In our case it has been 12 years and $90,000 in attorney's fees.

I do not always like what I hear come from Soc, and I have had my hands slapped a few times, BUT I admire his HONESTY and viewpoint.  We all understand how frustrating and painful the system is, but that is the law.  He calls it as he sees it.  If we were all attorney's and or knew the law - face it we would not have to ask his valued opinion.

Trust me - if you want heart felt law, you will take a horrible beating in the court room, if you want honesty and straight to the point advice, listen to Soc, otherwise - if you are like many of us here, pay your attorney to read your email at $40 a pop or call him at $50 for 15 minutes, guarenteed - Soc spends MUCH MORE TIME than this to help us around here.

An apology is in order here, and a BIG OLE THANKS goes to Soc for helping the rest of us in our times of stress and upset.  

Tipping my hat to Soc............

reagantrooper

Soc rocks!! No doubt about it!

Thank you Soc for what you do here! This poster needs to check himself.

Cookiemomma4

Just wanted to pop in here and agree with the others.  This is the first board I read DAILY.  Why?  Well, because I never know when his honest information will come in handy in the future.  It may not pertain to our case at this time, but it may.  I find the truthful and non-emotional answers to everyone's questions to be enlightening...because it gives you a 3rd person's point of view (which is basically how the courts are looking at your case).  They don't need all of the emotion there.  It is assumed that you love your child or you wouldn't be going through the hassle and headache of fighting for him!  The MOST improtant lessons that I have learned from Socrateasers's board is to take emotion out as much as possible because it clouds the facts, every custody case sucks (because if it didn't everychild would have the benifit of both stable parents full time), beable to prove every word you say, and it needs to be taken care of as a business deal...it has served us very well thus far and not only simply on court days!  

Dadxl5

Dear Socrateaser,
   Were that I were a child of five.  But since I'm not, I apologize.  To all the others who took the time to post, my apologies to you as well and thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts down on silicone.

Soc, there are indeed things in your replies to my posts that are very informative.  I've been so isolated for so long, I forget how to communicate.  So thank you for your tolerance.  Plus, I'm just mad they dropped a house on my sister.

I think my first misstep was to dive in before I've had a chance to really review this entire board.  I wish I'd known it was here a long time ago.  

I stand corrected and hope you all find a very little amount of alienation by newcomers to be slightly amusing.

Enjoy your vacation and hopefully we can start off on different and better footing.

socrateaser

>Dear Socrateaser,
>   Were that I were a child of five.  But since I'm not, I
>apologize.  To all the others who took the time to post, my
>apologies to you as well and thank you for taking the time to
>put your thoughts down on silicone.
>
>   Soc, there are indeed things in your replies to my posts
>that are very informative.  I've been so isolated for so long,
>I forget how to communicate.  So thank you for your tolerance.
> Plus, I'm just mad they dropped a house on my sister.
>
>    I think my first misstep was to dive in before I've had a
>chance to really review this entire board.  I wish I'd known
>it was here a long time ago.  
>
>    I stand corrected and hope you all find a very little
>amount of alienation by newcomers to be slightly amusing.
>
>    Enjoy your vacation and hopefully we can start off on
>different and better footing.

No sweat. If everyone had written me that I was a F!@#$ A!@#$, I would have been apologizing to you. So, fee free to collect your thoughts and we can start over.

Miller

in some of Soc's replies?  Sure...but as a person who had dealt with these divorce issues for way too long, those sarcastic comments always bring a smile to my face and smack me back into reality.  Honestly, this is such a long, difficult road dealing with the never-ending issues that a person sometimes loses any sense of reality.  I think Soc's comment help many of us realize that what we're saying is so completely off line.

Give me a hundred sarcastic comments from Soc instead of one from the judge anyday!!

I cry_ in_the_dark

I don't post a whole lot anymore, but I'll definitely post now.

I am a very sarcastic person, and Soc has called me on it more than once.( My yahoo says "Tact if for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic".) Soc's replies to you are blunt and to the point. Not a thing wrong with him tossing a twang of wit into his replies.

I haven't always liked what he's had to say, but you can bet your bottom dollar I've listened to every word he says whether it's to me or anyone else. And one of these days, with Soc's help, I'll win the War instead of the battle.

You Rock Soc :-)