Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 03:57:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Soc---CS and employer not mailing in checks part II

Started by wendl, Apr 27, 2006, 05:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

Soc,
I need your opinion, just in case they decide to fire dh after tomorrow.

As I told you earlier, employer is garnished payments for cs BUT not mailing them in, we are 3 payments behind to cs (which we shouldn't be)

Tomorrow DH is taking in the printout of all cs payment made from 1999 to 4-2006 along with his paystubs showing the deductions (he is fed up) and he will talk to the senator about him NOT mailing in payments.  What happnes if they decide to let DH go (fire him)

If in fact they fire him because of this, do we have any legal recourse since we have continually spoke to the payroll senator but he fails to comply with mailing in the cs payments.

Thanks for any advice.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

socrateaser

>If in fact they fire him because of this, do we have any legal
>recourse since we have continually spoke to the payroll
>senator but he fails to comply with mailing in the cs
>payments.

Probably yes. There is a very strong public policy in favor of child support and timely employer payments, so being fired for bringing the failure to pay to the employer's attention is bound to get a court's attention and so I think you should be able to force the senator you not only compensate for the unpaid support and any penalties and interest you may incur, but also to either reinstate you to your position or pay your salary until you find replacement work at the same or better pay.

wendl

Thanks Soc,

Dh didn't get fired BUT went to his employer will ALL the papers he was said he would review it and get back to him by the end of the weeks so he could check the books.

His cs worker has offered to work with us on this and once we are caught up with these 3 payments it will work better with what the cs worker is willing to do for dh.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**