Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:03:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Questions.....

Started by jolawanda, May 08, 2006, 06:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolawanda

case NJ
we live NV
kids in NJ

1 - what is the difference in filing for a reduction in CS thru a judge vs. CSE? Can CSE willy nilly make adjustments without following the guidelines?

2 - we need to file a notice to enforce order of emancipation of the 24 year old (in the last notice of motion judge said the 24 year old would be empancipated as of May 31)in conjunction w/ reducing the amount for 1 kid....How do you file those? Together? seperate? do we have to file a notice to enforce? (oh crap~!) i forgot....it's NJ....yes we need to cover our butts and file that whether needed or not............ :)

ps....mr. jola and i had a com' ta" jezuz meetin' since our last postings of emancipation.....he is now willing to listen........... :)

socrateaser

>case NJ
>we live NV
>kids in NJ
>
>1 - what is the difference in filing for a reduction in CS
>thru a judge vs. CSE? Can CSE willy nilly make adjustments
>without following the guidelines?

CSE doesn't represent you. It represents the state of NJ's interest in the child, and you are just a witness (more like a pawn).

Filing with a judge means that you and the other parent are parties, and NJ is not involved except to collect the amounts ordered.

>2 - we need to file a notice to enforce order of emancipation
>of the 24 year old (in the last notice of motion judge said
>the 24 year old would be empancipated as of May 31)in
>conjunction w/ reducing the amount for 1 kid....How do you
>file those? Together? seperate? do we have to file a notice to
>enforce? (oh crap~!) i forgot....it's NJ....yes we need to
>cover our butts and file that whether needed or
>not............ :)

You want to file a motion to terminate support, unless CSE is agreeing to terminate collection based upon the existing orders. If so, then you need it in writing from CSE, or you'll likely get screwed by them.

If there's still another child due support, then you can file a motion to modify and in that motion use the prior court order as grounds for terminating support to the emancipated child.