Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:04:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sharing the cost of daycare

Started by gas, May 10, 2006, 10:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gas

Dear Soc:

Mom and I were ordered to utilize same babysitter for after school care at our respective homes, we both work full time, share 50/50 custody and  have a very good co-parenting relationship.  In fact, this is the only issue we have had any disagreement in the past 3 yrs.

Mom has given the babysitter a "guaranteed 25 hours" regardless of actual hours worked (typical week is about 18 hours).  

Exact text of court order follows:

"That the cost of the childcare service utilized by Petitioner (Mom) during her share time shall be borne equally between Respondent and Petitioner.

That the cost of the childcare service utilized by Respondent (Dad) during his share time shall be borne equally between Respondent and Petitioner.

That the balance of the cost of the childcare service shall be borne by Petitioner (Mom)."

Question:  How would you interpet this?  For example, if babysitter works 6 hours/wk for Dad, 10 hours/wk for Mom, what is our respective financial responsibilities....given actual hours worked and the 25 hour guarantee?  The first two sentences of the court order seem fairly self-explanatory but the last sentence along with our "guarantee" have both of us scratching our heads...

Thank you.

socrateaser

>Question:  How would you interpet this?  For example, if
>babysitter works 6 hours/wk for Dad, 10 hours/wk for Mom, what
>is our respective financial responsibilities....given actual
>hours worked and the 25 hour guarantee?  The first two
>sentences of the court order seem fairly self-explanatory but
>the last sentence along with our "guarantee" have both of us
>scratching our heads...

Well, I'm really trying to concentrate, since I just blew the interpretation of someone else's order yesterday. Anyway, if we concentrate on the word "utilized," then it means that if dad actually utilizes 6 hours then that's split 50/50; if mom utilizes 10 hours that's split 50/50; but if there are any hours not used towards the guarantee -- mom pays, because neither parent actually "utilized" them.