Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Passport Question

Started by Ref, May 11, 2006, 07:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

A few years ago I asked BM to help me get a passport for DD so that my wife and I could take her to a wedding overseas. BM agreed and we made the short trip. We were on the ground for 4 days. DD called BM 3 times to let her know she was OK.

When we got home I had messages on my work voicemail, home voicemail and cellphone with her stating that I would not allow DD to call her the one day that she didn't call when we were overseas. She yelled at the receptionist at my work saying I have her child (as if I kidnapped her). She called my mom and yelled at her. She really went overboard. I didn't know until afterwards that BM asked DD to call her everyday. BM never asked me and my daughter said nothing. Even so 1 day without a call isn't horrible. I go weeks without hearing from DD and BM doesn't see to care about that.  BM left me a message saying that she would not allow overseas trips ever again because of the "stunt" I pulled. I have no such limitation in our court order.

Anyway, I was an idiot and sent DD back with her passport to her mother's house. Now BM has the passport and we have another family event overseas that I would like DD to go to during the time she is with us.

1. If it is not in the court order, can she state that the child is not to leave the country?

2. How do I get the passport from her steely grip?

3. We are currently going through CS mod and she filed visitation mods and contempts, can I tack on that I want custody of the passport? (BM doesn't even leave her state, not to mention the country)

4. If not, how do I proceed?

Thanks Soc.

socrateaser

>1. If it is not in the court order, can she state that the
>child is not to leave the country?

Depends on what's in the order, but I'm guessing no.

>
>2. How do I get the passport from her steely grip?

Contact the passport service and see if they require the other parent's signature to get a replacement passport; if not, then tell them you lost it). Maybe you can avoid the alternative, which is to file a motion for an order granting permission to travel overseas.

>3. We are currently going through CS mod and she filed
>visitation mods and contempts, can I tack on that I want
>custody of the passport? (BM doesn't even leave her state, not
>to mention the country)

See above.
>
>4. If not, how do I proceed?

See above.