Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 05:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Re Update and a few ?? after court,

Started by mishelle2, May 22, 2006, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mishelle2

Soc,

If youd like you can erase the posts below ...

ok so, you talked of a 730 eval in the previous post, however, in my county you go to mediation, they speak with you and the other parent one day, and then the next day they speak with the child.( I have done this 3 times when going through court with my son.) They routinely speak with children over the age of 6, and from what I have seen they put a great impact on what the child wants as soon as they are able to vocalize it and understand what they are asking.
 If no agreement is reached, the mediator writes a recommendation to the court and then you can either agree with the recommendation, allow the judge to take it into submission or schedule a hearing. If a hearing is scheduled the mediator comes and testifies in regards to her recommendation.

1. So I was just wandering what would happen if during the meeting with the child the child says.. hey I wanna stay with my dad,and shes almost 13, would the mediator lean towards childs wishes.. or .. not..

I realize you dont read tea leaves, and that may be a tea leaf scenario... if so .. sorry

socrateaser

>1. So I was just wandering what would happen if during the
>meeting with the child the child says.. hey I wanna stay with
>my dad,and shes almost 13, would the mediator lean towards
>childs wishes.. or .. not..

A 13 y o girl who wanted to be with dad is unusual, so I think it would carry a lot of weight if the child has sufficient maturity to seem competent in her statements. The court will probably want a therapist to see the child and determine if she's under any coercive influence from you.