Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:54:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Divine forces seem to be guiding child's mouth

Started by DecentDad, May 22, 2006, 11:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecentDad

Soc,

Quick question on most reasonable way to convey this:

I picked up child 9am on Sunday.

Child typically prides herself on being an early riser.

Yesterday, child described (within a couple minutes of picking her up) that when she woke up that morning, mama had already left the bed.  They sleep together, btw.

She described that she usually sleeps on mama's hip, but when she woke up, there was only a pillow there.  And so whenever mama gets up first (i.e., as yesterday) child said she gets "really scared" and starts screaming for mama.

After listening, I commented that I've never noticed that about her when she sleeps in our home (i.e., as she'd done for 4 years until 2 weeks ago).  Child has own bedroom/bed in my home.

Child said, "Well, in your home when I wake up first, and I know that you and (Stepmom) are right in your room, so I just start playing (in her room) and I'm not scared."

I don't want to come across as whining/reporting every little thing to the psychologist and/or GAL.

This seems to me to be A) a direct contradiction to biomom's claim (i.e., as to child's comfort sleeping in each home); and B) a statement of where child is more securely and safely attached.

1.  Would you advise that this conversation (not recorded) is worth mentioning to psych and/or GAL?

socrateaser

>1.  Would you advise that this conversation (not recorded) is
>worth mentioning to psych and/or GAL?

Might want to mention to doc to ask the child about her sleeping arrangements at home. The fact that a child that age is still sleeping with mom regularly may suggest some separation disorder with the mom (I'm not a shrink so this is just me musing here).