Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:34:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't know what to do...

Started by sweetnsad, Dec 12, 2003, 11:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tryn2begooddad

Mine is for two kids so it averages out to 600 a month per kid which is roughly 150 a week per kid.  The great state of Connecticut uses the combined income. My "beef" with the system is that I have the kids the entire month of July and still have to pay but hey it gets better right it is after all only money.  It averages out to about 48% of my net pay a month (hence the second job) but it is OK because it isnt about the money it is about keeping the kids in as healthy an environment as I can..I never miss child support because it comes directly out of my check by the state...the ex when we first got divorced would call me on pay day and ask where the support was I referred her to the state since they had to process it..once it comes out of my paycheck my responsibility has ended for the child support I have done my part.  I think that the disparity between the states as far as CS guidelines go is what causes some headaches for the NCP(although I know in CT only about 30% of NCP moms pay support, go figure) as my buddies back in Illinois pay considerably less than myself for the same amount of kids. But it is all good as long as the kids are taken care of and as happy as they can be :)

Indigo Mom

-----My "beef" with the system is that I have the kids the entire month of July and still have to pay but hey it gets better right it is after all only money. -----

Before my friend moved to Utah, he paid almost 400 a month for his 2 kids.  He didn't understand why he still paid 400 a month to the ol biddy while he had the kids for 2 months in the summer.  His lawyer explained that it's an "entire year" thing.  That while the calculations were happening, those 2 months were taken into consideration.  IOW...utter bullshit.

I have a tripindicular idea for ya...pursuade the ex to move here to Colorado with you.  While here, file for a modification, cause DAMN....lil miss is owed only 137 a month, so you should get a huge break.  Now, since you're sooo used to paying out 1200 a month, just give the difference to me.  Why?  Well DUH...I want an H2 for Christmas and without all that extra moolah from you, I will NEVER have one.  And in case you'd like to buy me one outright, I'd like solid black with illegal tint in the window (you know, the REALLY dark stuff).  I'd like it all cherried out and a superkill stereo, so when I turn it on it sounds like Tom Petty is IN my car singing "American Girl".  I'd also like big wheels.  Huge wheels.  

Now, wouldn't it make you happy knowing that you are the reason I'm drivin' around in this bad boy?????

hmmmm...mefinks i got a bit carried away..LOL

tryn2begooddad

LMAO...an H2 huh I'll get right to work on that for ya ;)...thanks for the laugh factor...I know that the system works in evil evil ways which is why I stay upbeat about it and the kids adjust..they know that I can't compete with my ex monetarily nor do I try to..I do what I need to do to make sure they are in a safe loving environment. But it would be nice if the system didnt figure things on 12 months (only the actuals so to speak)...so would you like the Bose system in the H2??? :)