Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 07:16:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Badnarik took parent's rights off his website

Started by highlonesome, Oct 21, 2004, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlonesome

It would be nice to believe that except for the fact that the sidebar is exactly the same save for that one missing issue.

I noted there's something in his blog stating the position with a line of reader feedback -- which is now closed.  Many of the concerns there are for alternatives then if one parent basically washes his or her hands of supporting the children financially.  It's a good question and one the mainstream will definitely ask.

I'd say they should probably just arrest someone like that for child abandonment or neglect, since that's what it is.  Court ordered child support would be part of the sentencing.

Of course, they'd have to actually hold a father's time to a higher importance than his money.

Stepmom0418

Could someone post the link to Badnarik's web site?? Thank you in advance!

MYSONSDAD

I found very little on Parent Rights after doing a search. It appeared only 10 comments and it was closed 3 days after the press release.

http://badnarik.org/plans_parentsrights.php

I wrote, but doubt if they will answer 'why?'

MYSONSDAD

[email protected]

Hello,

I am not speaking as a member of the campaign. I am just a volunteer that has been willing to help on the blog a bit. In my opinion, parent's rights are still a major issue. However, there are many different issues to focus on right now and that is just one of many very important issues. If the campaign had more staff, more manpower, and especially more money (thanks very much for contributing) I am sure they would focus on many more areas. Additionally, time is running short and they can't focus one every single important topic (even though parent's rights are of extreme significance) just due to the fact there are only so many days until the election.

However, if Michael Badnarik gets elected as president (it is still possible if we can break through the blackout) I am sure it will be one of many issues he deals with very quickly.

Thank you for your support of the Michael Badnarik for president campaign! It is very much appreciated, and I apologize if it seems not every single issue is covered in a lot of depth. The campaign is working very hard right now and is literally overwhelmed with work (there are a lot of things such as campaign finance paperwork they don't talk much about on the website or blog but takes a lot of time and effort to sort through) and they are doing the absolute best they can.

Take care and have a great evening, and please continue to post on the blog and spread the word about Michael.

Sincerely,
William

Peanutsdad

>[email protected]
>
>Hello,
>
>I am not speaking as a member of the campaign. I am just a
>volunteer that has been willing to help on the blog a bit. In
>my opinion, parent's rights are still a major issue. However,
>there are many different issues to focus on right now and that
>is just one of many very important issues. If the campaign had
>more staff, more manpower, and especially more money (thanks
>very much for contributing) I am sure they would focus on many
>more areas. Additionally, time is running short and they can't
>focus one every single important topic (even though parent's
>rights are of extreme significance) just due to the fact there
>are only so many days until the election.

Blah blahblah,,blah blah, BLAh blahblahbabababblah. ( More politic speak).
>
>However, if Michael Badnarik gets elected as president (it is
>still possible if we can break through the blackout) I am sure
>it will be one of many issues he deals with very quickly.
>
>Thank you for your support of the Michael Badnarik for
>president campaign! It is very much appreciated, and I
>apologize if it seems not every single issue is covered in a
>lot of depth. The campaign is working very hard right now and
>is literally overwhelmed with work (there are a lot of things
>such as campaign finance paperwork they don't talk much about
>on the website or blog but takes a lot of time and effort to
>sort through) and they are doing the absolute best they can.
>
>Take care and have a great evening, and please continue to
>post on the blog and spread the word about Michael.
>
>Sincerely,
>William

Sincerely William, if I wanna get jerked off, I'll  arrange it myself. I mean lets get real here. Theres a couple comments and suddenly this guy is a "parents rights " advocate?? PUHLEASE.  This is a wannabe politician who grasps at any political agenda he can. Problem is, he isnt devoted enough to it to even bother mentioning here. Sorry but he lost credibility with me.

wi_pa_dad

MYSONSDAD

I have never been interested in Politics until now. As far as I know, he is the only candiate addressing anything in regard to NCP's and Parents issues. I think he does care a lot about ALL Civil Rights in general and how they are being violated. Not just NCP's. We are not the only folks that face descrimination and unfair treatment, violated under Civil Rights, Equal Rights, the Constitution.

The perfect solution would be for ALL NCP's to band together, fight and present their own canidate. A person who has experienced first hand the plight of NCP's everywhere. Someone who has seen first hand the Family Courts and how the system works. Educated in the laws and someone willing to speak up against the government and how families are destroyed.

Until then...

"Children learn what they live"

MYSONSDAD

The site is undergoing a remodel, and not all of the material from
before the change made it over. We're trying to fix that right now. I
assure you that Mr. Badnarik hasn't dropped, or backed off from, his
stand on parents' rights. If he had, I wouldn't be working for the
campaign.

Regards,
Tom Knapp
Media Coordinator
Badnarik/Campagna 2004>

"Children learn what they live"

Bolivar

THE LINK:
http://badnarik.org/plans_parentsrights.php

PARENTS' RIGHTS

No issue is more sensitive—and few issues are more troubling to Libertarians—than the role of government in family life.

On the face of things, the federal government has an even smaller role in that area than it does in most, and I favor keeping Washington out of issues like defining and licensing marriage, regulating homeschooling, mandating childhood vaccinations or using tax policy for "socially engineering" the makeup and function of the family.

However, there are some areas of family life in which the federal government arguably has a role to play. The Constitution ordains that all Americans receive the equal protection of the law, and it prohibits involuntary servitude.

In both of these areas, the federal government has failed America's families and, in particular, its parents.

Equal protection of the law pre-supposes fairness for those coming before the bar of justice. Yet in divorce proceedings, the states routinely award custody of minor children to one parent or another, relegating the other parent to the status of "second-class citizen"—not because the latter parent has been convicted of any crime, or found unfit, but because of a prejudice in favor of father or mother as the best "single" parent.

This is a matter of federal interest under the 14th Amendment, even intra-state. Once one parent or another, possibly with a child in tow, moves to another state, any shadow of doubt is erased. It becomes an interstate matter, and by definition therefore falls under federal jurisdiction.

TO READ THE REST GO TO THE LINK ABOVE :-)