Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recording threats made by CP at State and Federal level.

Started by 416021va, Jun 05, 2006, 06:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416021va

Soc,

I wasn't sure if could post multiple questions on my last thread:

http://www.deltabravo.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=106&topic_id=10706&mesg_id=10707&page=

So I am going to ask you a few more questions pertaining to that thread since you answered the initial one.

The CP has made verbal threats against me in the past, this is why I ask, and has threatened to call USCIS on my present spouse on a whim when they had already established legal presence in the United States.

My questions are as follows:

1) Would recording a conversation made between CP and myself or CP and child still be useful in Virginia if the CP made a threat directed at myself or child?

2) Would recording a conversation made between CP and myself or CP and child still be useful at the Federal level if the CP is making threats at that level e.g. I'll call immigration, I'll call the IRS, I'll call the military police at your base etc?

Thanks SOC.

socrateaser

>
>My questions are as follows:
>
>1) Would recording a conversation made between CP and myself
>or CP and child still be useful in Virginia if the CP made a
>threat directed at myself or child?

Using the telephone or any communications instrumentality to threaten, harrass, intimidate or annoy across state lines is a federal crime. I don't remember if it's a misdemeanor or a felony, but you could file charges, and even contact the FBI. But the threats need to be of a character that a jury of 12 peers would find offensive enough to render a verdict of guilty. And, you're not telling me exactly what sort of threats you're talking about, so I can't really comment further.

>
>2) Would recording a conversation made between CP and myself
>or CP and child still be useful at the Federal level if the CP
>is making threats at that level e.g. I'll call immigration,
>I'll call the IRS, I'll call the military police at your base
>etc?
>
I don't know what the threats concern, so I can't comment.