Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 11:32:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CP is giving unlisted phone number out to people that I do not know.

Started by 416021va, Jun 05, 2006, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416021va

My State is Virginia, child's is Florida.

Child advised that CP has given my unlisted phone number out to his friend's father in Virginia. I do not know his friend nor do I know his friend's father. This could be for the purpose of keeping an eye on myself or child etc, but feel that my privacy is being violated as the child's visitation should only be subject to the terms of a court order, and not some third party.

I spoke with CP on phone and asked CP if this was an accurate statement, and CP replied "yes". I then advised CP that I did not authorize this, and passed phone back to child.

I could not ask CP why my phone number was given out, because CP always hangs up when questioned.

I don't know what to do. Whenever I let CP slide, CP starts their own TIT for TAT game.

I would like to send a letter advising CP that they have no authority to give out my number without consent, but feel that my letter would just be a paperweight.

Sorry to hit you with multiple posts tonight, but it has been a rough night.

My question is as follows:

1) How far can I go to make CP "understand" that they are not to give out my telephone number without my consent?

2) What enforcement can I take against CP if they choose to ignore my request?

Thanks

socrateaser

>Sorry to hit you with multiple posts tonight, but it has been
>a rough night.

You don't need to express sorrow. However, it would be nice if you were to follow the mandatory posting guidelines and put all your questions into one post.

>
>My question is as follows:
>
>1) How far can I go to make CP "understand" that they are not
>to give out my telephone number without my consent?

You could sue for public disclosure of private facts, but you probably won't win. Just change your phone number and then don't give it out.
>
>2) What enforcement can I take against CP if they choose to
>ignore my request?

See above.