Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:31:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Can CP presently record me and legally admit statements to a court of law?

Started by 416021va, Jun 05, 2006, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416021va

In the back of my mind, I have always been concerned whether or not the CP could record me.

CP's attorney sent me a document during the year 2002 expressing several issues. I cannot remember if this document was served upon me, sent via certified mail, or just plain snail mail.

Yes I wasn't as involved or as knowledgable as I should have been back then, but I have no choice but to try and catch up.

My State of residence at that time was Florida, but it is presently Virginia.

The lawyer sent me a document with an indication that my phone calls could be potentially recorded as follows:

..."Additionally, my client claims verbal harassment from your client during phone calls and we would like your permission to record all phone calls between them or in the alternative this correspondence can be considered notice to NCP that CP will be recording all future calls from NCP"

My questions is as follows:

1) If the CP has been recording me for the past 4 years, would that recording be admissable in a Florida Court?

Thanks

socrateaser

>The lawyer sent me a document with an indication that my phone
>calls could be potentially recorded as follows:
>
>..."Additionally, my client claims verbal harassment from your
>client during phone calls and we would like your permission to
>record all phone calls between them or in the alternative this
>correspondence can be considered notice to NCP that CP will be
>recording all future calls from NCP"
>
>My questions is as follows:
>
>1) If the CP has been recording me for the past 4 years, would
>that recording be admissable in a Florida Court?

Yes, and it also makes it lawful for you to record your ex, because telling you that you will be recorded is implied consent to recording of the person giving notice of such recording.