Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Badnarik took parent's rights off his website

Started by highlonesome, Oct 21, 2004, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

Great News!

Now we just have to get the word out to all NCP'S everywhere...

T_Man

Badnarik is the Libertarian Party candidate right? No offense- I would have called myself a Libertarian not too long ago myself- but I'm starting to wonder why some in here would support that party. Anymore, when you hear the Libertarians debate the only points they make are: "We are the best party for supporting gay rights!" "Let's open those borders!" "Don't give people a tax break just because they get married and have kids!" and on and on.

Most of their extreme positions these days seem to contradict each other. They say they are against social programs, but they want to immediately legallize all immigration from Mexico so that 20 million people can cross the border and receive public benefits.

The Government allows a few thousand dollars in tax breaks to traditional families, because those families are more likely to produce kids that won't be drawing 20 thousand a year from social programs. Those are also the kids that are going to be saddled with what some estimate to be 40 trillion dollars in outstanding, hidden national debt. The Libertarian answer is to immediately give those benefits to gay couples and work on eliminating them for traditional families. How does that reduce the Federal Budget?

Seriously, I'd watch out for these guys. Except for environmental and labor law issues they're not much different from the Green Party.

MYSONSDAD

There are Pro's and Con's to every canidate. The issues  need to be weighted. You bring up some valid points.

But I honestly feel that the children and custody issues are in a critical state. The children have to be given top priority...

Time for the 'Divorce Industry' to close their doors.

"Children learn what they live"

Bolivar

Time for the 'Divorce Industry' to close their doors.

I like that bullet point.  I will be using that in my posts.

..... closing the Divorce Industry's doors.
........ stop Governmental Regulation on the Family.
..... treating children as chattel.

The big question:
"How can the courts GIVE a person to another person?"
Isn't that called slavery?

MYSONSDAD

Very good thought process on that...

I feel with rights being violated, we are all living in slavery.

Strangers are put in charge and control of our most precious gift.

MYSONSDAD

Michael Badnarik will be on Fox News Channel Tuesday, October 26.

Day Side w/ Linda Vester
Tuesday, October 26 @ 1:00pm
Topic: Polling - MB's effect on the polls
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,86177,00.html

Linda Vester is the host of DaySide with Linda Vester, the FOX News Channel's (FNC) daytime talk show. Since joining the network in 1999, she has interviewed a range of newsmakers and celebrities, including a rare interview with O.J. Simpson.

Prior to joining FNC, Vester was an anchor/correspondent for NBC News as well as host of Today in America on MSNBC. While at NBC, she anchored NBC News at Sunrise from 1996-1998. From 1992-1996, Vester served as a correspondent covering major news events for the network and Weekend Today, including the crash of TWA Flight 800, the Olympic Park bombing, the Montana Freeman standoff and the Rwandan war.

Before this, she served as a reporter for NBC Newschannel and WFLA-TV (NBC) in Tampa, Florida, where she provided extensive coverage of Operation Desert Storm in the Persian Gulf.  Vester began her career at NBC in 1990 as a researcher and producer based in New York. A graduate of Boston University (magna cum laude) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism, Vester also earned an honors diploma from the Sorbonne in France and was a Fulbright Scholar of Middle East affairs based in Egypt.

Paid for by Badnarik/Campagna 04

T_Man

My point is that the thought process of most of the people active in the Libertarian party these days seems so narrowminded and shortsighted that were the public to lend them an ear and consider most of what they're suggesting, they would play right into the hands of the very people the Libertarians claim to be polar opposites of- the radical left.

Libertarians these days denounce "state sponsored marriage". Great, guess who else could give a sh*t about state sponsored marriage? Does any social service benefit women who are married to a greater degree than women who aren't? Radical feminists will go right along with the call to denounce traditional marriage. In fact they have said it in writing for 50 years now and gone so far even Betty Friedan began to have doubts about their motives.

And as I said, open borders, gay rights, and on and on, all issues where they are lock in step with radical libs except for their assertion that if a Libertarian politician signed on to a bill in that vein all these issues would magically put money in our pockets. Were we to as a country elect 25% Libertarian Congressmen/Congresswomen next year, the new "Parents' Rights" would be fathers splitting their 2 weekends a month with their ex-wife's ex-wife.

Bolivar

T Man,  I do NOT see anything from Bush, Kerry – Republicans, Democrats on the injustices taking place in custody cases.

Other than keeping the status quo I do NOT see the Dem. or Rep. doing anything for parents.

What are the Dem. and Rep. doing for parents?