Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 05:08:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help with arrearage letter

Started by ncpneedshelp, Jun 12, 2006, 04:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncpneedshelp

I am writing this for a friend, as you have helped me many times I am hoping together we can help him!
He is behind approximately $3000 in support.  Was basically unemployed for 3 years, actually made about $2500 a year doing odd jobs.  Sent support when possible.  Took son to get shoes, clothes and hair cuts every chance he had.  Even borrowed money to do it.
In no way is he saying he isn't at fault.  He now has a full time job and is willing and wanting to do whatever he has to to take care of.
Problem is, his ex didn't start the court order for the arrears, the state of indiana did.  (State of Indiana, IF&SSA)  He has been trying to contact the Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, with all the run around from the office workers you can imagine.  He has given them his employment information.  His ex wife has agreed to him having additional taken from his check weekly to get arrears paid, even tho I doubt she would have much say in it.   I know you would probably say borrow the money to pay off the arrearage, but that isn't possible.
So, my questions:
1) is there a "correct" way to write the DPA requesting that this be done without having to go to court?  (forgot to mention he lives 3 hours away from county court is in)
2) Does his ex-wife have any say in this since it is the state initiating this?
3) do you have any advise for the letter to the DPA praying for her mercy in getting this handled without the drive, missed work, and fees for cour? (obviously can't afford an attorney)

Thank you for any help you can give us!

socrateaser

Please ask your "friend" to post his message in the first person. See the mandatory forum guidelines for hints as to how to format your post.