Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CP Attorney misconduct question revisited.

Started by 416021va, Jun 21, 2006, 10:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

416021va

Soc-

I used to post under a different screen name

This was my old thread.

http://www.deltabravo.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=106&topic_id=10464&mesg_id=10466&page=

To summarize, CP's attorney wrote me a pretty nasty letter insulting me in the past.

You advised that my only recourse "may" be to file with the Florida Bar, but that I might not get anywhere.

Well the SOL for filing a bar complaint is 6 years but the SOL for which I could have filed for slander has passed.

Anyways I took my BIG chances and put a first class stamp on an envelope addressed to the Florida Bar with my complaint inside.

I received a prompt response as follows with an indication that my complaint will be closed. I am not sure what it means. I think it means that until my civil case with the other parent has been closed, they will not investigate my complaint. My civil case is closed.

I didn't expect to get anywhere, but wasn't prepared for this.

The important part of the letter read as follows:

"Policy 15.55 of the Standing Board Policies of the Florida Bar provides that complaints concerning an attorney's conduct relating to ongoing civil litigation, and which may be adjudicated in the civil litigation may be closed with the concurrence of the Chief Branch Discipline Counsel until the civil litigation is concluded."

My questions are as follows:

1) What on earth does that mean? :)

Thanks SOC

socrateaser

>My questions are as follows:
>
>1) What on earth does that mean? :)

It means that the FL State Bar will not investigate your complaint until any ongoing litigation in which the attorney is involved with you is final (i.e., judgment entered in the case).

You say your litigation between yourself and this attorney is closed? Then, the State Bar has made a mistake, or you miscommunicated the status of your litigation, so that the State Bar acted incorrectly on your mistake. If there was a miscommunicaiton, then call them up and try to clarify. Maybe they will reopen the investigation.