Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 07:18:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody Dilemas

Started by daddyinpdx, Aug 29, 2006, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyinpdx

Dear Socrateaser,

I need your wisdom. I was granted temp emer. custody in Multco, Or a few months ago from Judge.

My child was taken out of a real abusive home and the other parent was ordered to seek anger management along with supervised custody.

A hearing was set for Nov in Multco to review the status of the child.

My child came to reside w. me in Atlanta and has been undergoing counseling for her behavioral issues.

Daughter was enrolled in school and everything was fine until daughter got into fight and was charged with 2 counts of battery, of both a student and teacher.

Child was taken into custody and released in my care, placed on house arrest, and ordered to a mental evaluation.

I'm totally hit with a right cross, because I just spent over 3 grand to tie things together in PDX.

Will this recent incident hinder my chances of recieving full-custody. It is evident that the child has some "real" anger issues stemming from  previous abusive experiences.

Socrateaser what shall I Do?

socrateaser

>Socrateaser what shall I Do?

You are not the reason for the child's acting out -- the other parent's abuse has caused this, and you are simply trying to deal with the after-effects (or at least this is what you will argue).

Do what the court wants. And, just tell the child that if she needs help, you're there for her, and that you "hope" she is able to stop acting out, because otherwise she may find herself back in Oregon being abused by the other parent.

That's about all I can come up with.

:)