Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:13:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ding dong, the witch is dead..........

Started by msme, Nov 04, 2004, 04:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msme

The blonde, airhead, bimbo, who supposedly was a judge, LOST THE ELECTION!!!!! It is over & she will soon be history! Hurray. We campaigned heavily for the new judge & we believe that he will be fair.

He is a member of the school board in the next town. He first heard of the garbage in her court when a child came to the board, asking for help for her family because of the horrors they were going through in her court. The more he investigated, the worse the stories were that came to light. He decided to run & try to do something about it.

Her courts are severely backlogged, to the point that the state made a report on it. His campaign slogan was, "Justice denied is justice delayed."

Our prayers have been answered. The children of this community will be safer now. Many thanks to all who prayed for this success.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

wendl

msme,

that is just wonderfull, I hope it continues to go well for the community and most importantly the kids.

:)

MYSONSDAD

"Children learn what they live"

Bolivar

Congratulations on your victory!!!!

In our Tuesday election judge Elizabeth Lehigh Thomakos ran for reelection and won. She was a shoe in, no one ran against her.

So the guards remain the same here. The judges in power look down upon 50/50 custody.

MYSONSDAD

Ever wonder how many Judges have had to go thru a custody trial for their own kids? Wonder what the end results were?

I know I was totally disappointed with the election in general. Want to check more into TGB's Dr. Horn. I also want to wait and see what POC suggests.

Getting back in the fighting mode, sending a letter to the reporter who wrote the article in Flint, total BULLSHIT!

"Children learn what they live"

joni

Way to make a difference....go to the source of the law.  Very smart, very constructive, good for you and your team.  Divide and conquer!

Sadly...in Cook County, Illinois...not one judge was removed.  Two of the judges had 12 atty associations declare them incompetant with regards to their knowledge of the law.  The judges were all elected with 68-80% of voters affirming them.  A judge needs 60% of yes votes to stay in office.

I picture these morons voting...having nothing better to do....meticulously knocking out the chads in the yes column because they feel they have to mark something, even tho they have no clue what they're doing, saying yes as to not put some smuck judge out of a job.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is one reason the family court system is Chicago is mucked up.  

msme

The following is an excert from a letter I wrote to the local paper. (It didn't get published, she has the paper in her pocket)

"On Election Day we must remember that local elections could effect on our personal lives. There is a judge to elect and just because you are a law-abiding citizen doesn't mean it can't effect you.

I used to believe in "Truth, Justice & the American Way," but Juanita Pavlick changed all that when a member of my family appeared in her Family Court.  

Before the case was over, this judge placed multiple sanctions on one of the parties and never enforced any of them. She also disregarded the testimony of professionals, regarding the children, in favor of her outdated, personal feelings. Her decisions have empowered the person to continue to flaunt the law & continue to abuse the children."

If we all work on educating the public on the importance of knowing just who they are electing to judge, maybe it will start to change things.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

Kitty C.

We lost here, too.  We were working on one judge to deny her retention.  They don't 'run for office' here, rather they are voted on as to whether they should be 'retained'.

Here is the e-mail I received from Mark Griebel just this morning on it:

Dear Members,

Judge Scieszinski was retained for six more years despite our efforts to convince voters otherwise. Don't be discouraged. We have already received a letter from a judge who was placed on our judicial reform web page for comments he made in the Waterloo Courier. Judge Fister informed us that the quote was misleading. He informed us that he favors JPC and asked us to remove his name. His name has been removed until further review. I'm sure that every judge in Iowa has received a notice of what we are doing and this tells us is the courts now understand we are serious. They know we are the real deal and they understand we are not going away! The efforts to have Judge Scieszinski removed were at her advantage from the beginning. It was very late in the game when we decided to do this and her district is not heavily populated with our members. We thought it was important to do this to get us on the map, we did believe there was still a chance to have her removed. I can assure you that this has some judges very nervous. This is something new to them and if you know the staff of CNBP and FFER then you know why they should be nervous.

From now on I'm going to push contributions for judicial reform. The judge we are looking at next year is right in the middle of our strongest membership base. We will see a lot of activity such as interviews on radio and in the papers, letters to the editor, and depending on our bank account, billboards, yard signs, and bumper stickers with VOTE NO on them. Because it is public access, Judges know how much we have in our account and if we plan to go after the bad ones and they know we lack funds, they won't take us serious. Contributions are key to this effort. You can view our account and others at  http://www.state.ia.us/ethics/tracking/2004trackingpac.xls

Thanks for your support.

Sincerely,

Mark Griebel

Send contributions to:
Children Need Both Parents
1844 230th Ave
Delmar, IA 52037

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So at least now they are aware we are on to them and plan to act if they fail to uphold the new law and continue gender-bias in their courtrooms.  The next few years will be interesting around here.......

But congratulations, msme!!!!!!!!  I know you and gr8dad worked VERY hard on this and you both are to be commended on your diligence and committment.

So.........when is she officially 'out' and how soon after that will you be requesting a hearing in front of the NEW judge?
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

wendl

I think many people when voting a judge in don't understand how the family law system really works UNLESS they have been there and or are going thru the system

I personally think people just mark a box, which does not good, many people are not AWARE of what really goes on in family courts. I know my father in law didn't until dh went thru his custody battle and omg he was sickened of how thing actually go in family court. Opened his eyes a lot.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Bolivar

wendl you said [em]"I think many people when voting a judge in don't understand how the family law system really works UNLESS they have been there and or are going thru the system"[/em]

[FONT SIZE="+2"]That is 100% true.  I had known numerous parents,, dads and moms,, who went through divorce.  Not until I went though the system did I understand.

Reflecting back I think because there is so much going on in life it is impossible to really understand issues unless you are personally facing them.  Now that I gone through divorce and I am fighting for more parenting time with my son there are tons of issues I no longer keep track of.

Before my divorce I was very active in creating more "green space" in my community.  Since my divorce which started 4 years ago, I have NO idea what is going on in the "green space" area.[/FONT]