Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:25:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Communication

Started by Zephyr, Sep 18, 2006, 02:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyr

Hello again Soc

All parties and order in WI

My ex has been with-holding information regarding our son from me, he also refuses to discuss anything regarding our son with me. I recently, on accident found out his email address. I emailed him stating that I though email would be a great tool for us to use to communicate about child, it would be calm, non emotional and able to be dealt with as our daily schedules allowed- rather than a phone call that basically stops everything.

He stated that he refuses to email with me, he also said on the phone that he will not discuss anything with me, he also has never answered any letter I have sent him.

I am growing more and more frustrated with being cut out of our son's life like this.

I posted before about my last attorney and my dissatisfaction with his services. I am reluctant, and at this point can't afford to use him any more anyway and was planning to represent myself in filing for a motion for modification this week.

As a last attempt to allow ex to do the right thing, I forwarded the email's to ex's attorney and asked him to find out the answers to my inquiries since his client refuses to communicate. He sent me back an email stating that I would have to contact him through my attorney and he would not talk to me until he had it in writing from both me AND my old attorney that I am no longer represented.

I emailed back saying that I no longer have an attorney, and will be handling all matters myself.

I don't understand why I basically need a "permission slip" for someone to give me some answers- answers that I am entitled to by law.

So questions:

1. Must I contact old attorney and have him contact ex's attorney?
2. Why is this necessary?
3. Why is my word not good enough?
4. Is this normal procedure or am I getting stonewalled?

socrateaser

>So questions:
>
>1. Must I contact old attorney and have him contact ex's
>attorney?

Under the Rules of Professional Conduct require that an attorney not contact a represented opposing party about the subject matter of the case. Until your attorney files a motion to withdraw from the case, and substituting you in as self representing, or your attorney consents in writing to opposing counsel communicating with you directly (and he/she won't, without withdrawing from the case, because it's a ticket for a malpractice suit), opposing counsel cannot communicate with you without risking suspension or disbarment.

>2. Why is this necessary?

See above.

>3. Why is my word not good enough?

See above.

>4. Is this normal procedure or am I getting stonewalled?

See above.