Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CSE question....

Started by LAK, Sep 18, 2006, 10:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAK

DH and I live in NY.  SD and BM live in VA.  CS has always been through VA CSE.  DH pays directly, no wage withholding.  I went on his online account today, and is says he has an out of state case, that he is an applicant of WA state.  On the CP page it says, VA has requested assistance from another state.  We have not lived in WA for over 7 years.  The last 8 times BM has taken DH to court, we lived in NY.  DH called VA CSE, and their computer does not show these messages and that his case is still with them.  The ironic part is that DH only has 9 more payments before SD graduates and CS ends.

1.  Can WA create a case for him when he doesn't even live there?

2.  Can they find out who his employer is, here in NY and issue a wage withholding, thus creating debt in two states?

Thank you.  

socrateaser

>DH and I live in NY.  SD and BM live in VA.  CS has always
>been through VA CSE.  DH pays directly, no wage withholding.
>I went on his online account today, and is says he has an out
>of state case, that he is an applicant of WA state.  On the CP
>page it says, VA has requested assistance from another state.
>We have not lived in WA for over 7 years.  The last 8 times BM
>has taken DH to court, we lived in NY.  DH called VA CSE, and
>their computer does not show these messages and that his case
>is still with them.  The ironic part is that DH only has 9
>more payments before SD graduates and CS ends.
>
>1.  Can WA create a case for him when he doesn't even live
>there?

Depends on whether the other parent has a claim for support that was owed during the time you lived in WA. If so, then yes.

>
>2.  Can they find out who his employer is, here in NY and
>issue a wage withholding, thus creating debt in two states?

Possibly. Child support never goes away, but it could be a mistake. Or, it could be a different child, that you don't know about until right now.

LAK

It's the same child, same account number, etc.... :)

He pays and has been paying his support from day one. It's all been paid through VA, even the time we lived in WA.  There are no arrears, never have been.  Online VA is saying they are transferring it to WA.  In person they are saying they don't know what we are talking about, it is still with them.  I guess DH should call WA and see if they know what is going on.

Thanks.