Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SMOKING WITH TODDLER IN HOME...... PLEASE HELP

Started by papaalex2003, Nov 05, 2004, 12:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

I hope my EX (and fake-wife) reads this post and then takes heed and reads the links above.

When we dated and married, yep, he was a smoker and I accepted that.  So in one sense, I can see where I would have no right to complain about him (and fake-wife) smoking around my son.  I never asked him to go outside or nothing.

But things have changed (haven't they?), and I sure hope that my EX and fake-wife stop and think twice about smoking around my son (and as a matter of fact it's their son's health on the line as well).  But I doubt that they'll put the boys first since they couldn't manage to put their own son first......

maxwell

I wsa concered about this for my infant while going through my action against BM. She carelessly smoked with him around especially in car. Several times after i picked him up for my week of visitation I captured his urine and tested it with a valid home test. While maybe not court accepted, I had the results prepared for the GAL. I also did find some case law when I did my research in the law library showing cases of change of custody based on the child's exposure to second hand smoke.

MYSONSDAD

Great idea on the urine test!

Those case laws may be a big help to some of us here, any chance you could provide the link?

joni

here's an article where a judge in NY banned a mother from smoking in the home and car

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/world/americas/1899231.stm

StPaulieGirl

I captured his urine and tested it with a valid home test.

[p]You did WHAT?  Nevermind....