Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:23:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Listen to Glenn Sacks this Sunday....new campaign to be announced

Started by joni, Nov 05, 2004, 08:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolivar

Hawkeye, your reference to Malicious Mother Syndrome caught my eye.  It is very usual for me to see a reference to it.

Have you seen this data?  "No MAD" at DD Introduced to the concept and mentions it quite often.  Here is a resent post by him.

Subject: Malicious Mother Syndrome

Author: No•MAD  at DD
Date:   11-12-04 11:20

Well I certainly can't claim any rights to the topic, but I do reference it rather frequently. :-)

The author will probably be calling me soon to collect royalties. lol

I always give proper credit each time it is referenced!
http://fact.on.ca/Info/pas/turkat95.htm

This is one of my favorite parts of the article:

It is important to note that the person manipulated by the angry mother has, in a way, been "alienated" against the divorcing husband. Typically, the individual "duped" takes on a righteous indignation, contributing to a rewarding climate for the mother initiating malicious actions.

Malicious Mother Syndrome
DEFINITION

The present section provides a beginning definition of the Divorce Related Malicious Mother Syndrome, which has been derived from clinical and legal cases. As in all initial proposals, it is anticipated that future research will lead to greater refinement in the taxonomic criteria. The proposed definition encompasses four major criteria, as follows:

A mother who unjustifiably punishes her divorcing or divorced husband by:

Attempting to alienate their mutual child(ren) from the father
Involving others in malicious actions against the father
Engaging in excessive litigation

The mother specifically attempts to deny her child(ren):

Regular uninterrupted visitation with the father
Uninhibited telephone access to the father
paternal participation in the child(ren)'s school life and extra-curricular activities

Tile pattern is pervasive and includes malicious acts towards the husband including:

Lying to the children
Lying to others
Violations of law

The disorder is not specifically due to another mental disorder although a separate mental disorder may co-exist.

No•MAD

Hawkeye

With that ad I'd say they're out of their gourd LOL!

Lookie here, finally a reply, but NO apology...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about Verizon's "The Elliotts"
television commercial.  We appreciate your concerns and that you took the
time to convey them to us.  We can assure you that it was never our
intention to insult anyone with this ad, nor to portray fathers as
inessential to families.

Thanks again for sharing your point of view.  [email protected]

msme

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

joni

here's more good stuff on it, used in my husband's annulment defense

//www.deltabravo.net/custody/malice.htm

joni

it's a standard blah, blah, blah....I got the same email from [email protected]

probably came from their legal department.

MYSONSDAD

>Thanks again for sharing your point of view. [email protected]

SLAP IN THE FACE! Sharing our view point does not concern them apparently.

I am getting the same, word for word replies.

One good point, they are receiving their e-mails. Not much, but something...

Hawkeye

The bloody baaaastards!!!  LOL!!  

I can hardly wait to hear Glenn's show Sunday night... No guest this week so maybe we can all call in. The 800 number is on //www.hisside.com

Peanutsdad

I use read notify,,, got the service while dealing with my ex. We'll see how many open the email, how many delete.

msme

from two of them, John J. Bonomo & James Albert Smith. They both sent the exact response.

Here is there response:
>Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about Verizon's "The >Elliotts" television commercial.  We appreciate your concerns and that >you took the time to convey them to us.  We can assure you that it >was never our intention to insult anyone with this ad, nor to portray >fathers as inessential to families.

>Thanks again for sharing your point of view.

Here is my response to them:

Dear Sirs:
I find it rather annoying that both of you just happened to send me the same response. If you are familiar with the early history of the railroads, you may know what a "bedbug letter" is.

FYI, the sleeper cars of the early railroads were plagued with bedbugs. Passengers often complained about it. The railroads composed a letter that said nothing but was intended to convey the idea that they did care about their passengers. The wife of a RR executive was a victim of the little critters & wrote to complain. The recipient of her complaint passed the letter off to a clerk, with a note that said something like, send this bitch the bedbug letter. Somehow, the note went along with the letter. Obviously, the rest is history.

You, sirs, are sending the people, who are offended by your disparagement of fathers, nothing more than a "bedbug letter." It means nothing more than, "I hope this will get her to shut up & go away."

I wish to inform you that I will not "shut up & go away". Nor will the thousands of other people who have voiced their opinion of this commercial. Your company has another offensive commercial running about a family getting cell phones. The father is also put down in that commercial, although not quite as severely as the one you call the Elliots. I realize that it is from another division but it is still Verizon.

It is time that you realize that the men of this country, & especially fathers earn a lot of the money that pays for your services. Your company would not dare to make that commercial with the genders reversed, for fear of incurring the wrath of NOW.

I & the others who have complained feel that it is very wrong to teach children that it is okay to disrespect your father & mom allows it. I suggest that you step back & picture your own family in that picture. Would you think it was acceptable for your wife to make a fool of you & chastise you for attempting to help your daughter? But then, perhaps that is how things are in your home.

I am very glad that I am currently not using any services from Verizon & if there is not a change in Verizon's attitude, I will never use any, again. I will also do everything in my power to encourage others to do the same.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

Bolivar

Msme, Cool email.  

I've never heard of the "bed bug story".

Thank you for sharing the rest of the story.

I would like to read the whole story, do you know where I can find it.

BTW – What' a railroad? :-)

lol, "what's a railroad?" -- heeee, heeee.  It's a joke!! Come-on you smiled a little,,,,, didn't ya.