Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:32:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

psych eval

Started by WhatToDo, Oct 16, 2006, 07:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatToDo

Hi Soc! Hope your day is going good!

I have joint- custody of my 6 year old daughter. 2 1/2 years ago my ex went to federal prison for 15 months. A psych evaluation was done on my ex and the results were brought out in her hearing. I now have the court records of everything that was said that day in court about what her Psych Evaluation said about her. When my ex and I go to court over custody:

1. Can I try to use these documents against her?

2. Will they be much use since it was 2 1/2 years ago when the evaluation was done?

Thank you!

socrateaser

>1. Can I try to use these documents against her?

If they are relevant to her current fitness as a parent, then probably yes. But, they could be objected to on grounds of relevance, or significantly discredited by a newer eval submitted by the other parent.

I think the judge will allow the old eval, but may not give it much weight, unless you use that eval as a basis for requesting a new evaluation order, so as to determine if things have improved, stayed the same, or degraded in the 2.5 intervening years.

>
>2. Will they be much use since it was 2 1/2 years ago when the
>evaluation was done?

See above.

WhatToDo

The evaluation says that she's a pathalogical liar, that she failed 6 out of 7 drug tests and that she continuously broke the rules while staying at a halfway house resulting in her being kicked out . I think those would be good reasons to at least request a new evaluation!

Thanks again!