Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 02:45:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Right of First Refusal

Started by I want my kids, Nov 11, 2004, 02:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I want my kids

Hello all.
Does anyone know if a Father can fight the Right of First Refusal being amended into a divorce agreement?  Especially in the state of Michigan?
My ex wife has the luxury of not having to work.  As it stands right now, my kids are in her home 97% of the time as it is.  I want to keep my children in my home on my parenting days and she is contesting it, saying that she wants the Right of First Refusal amended into our divorce agreement.

I want to keep my kids in my home during my parenting time, whether I am home or not so that they can acclimate to my home being just as much their home as their mother's house is.........please help.

lsaenz

Hi there!  I am fairly new to this sight but in the middle of a RoFR situation with my husbands ex-wife right now.  So from my experience let me tell you: I have learned that as a stepmom I have no rights unless my spouse gives them to me in the RoFR.  I have done some research on my state and you can have different language written in but make sure that the time limit is long enough for you.  If it is for 4 hrs than if you are working an 8 hr shift she has the right to come take the kids -ask me I know!  Been there and had to call police! Just cover your bases and research everything!  And most importantly if you aren't in a relationship now-remember you might be later and what you don't put in there now your future partner will pay the price for later!  Good Luck and remember Knowledge is Power!!