Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:00:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

child support in Alabama

Started by mykids2, Oct 30, 2006, 08:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykids2

Any  help will be appreciated.

Child support order is in Alabama, though I live in neighboring state.
Mom has custody, I pay support and have no say in how children are raised. Oldest turned 18 in March 2006 and graduated high school same year. Child does not visit,  is not going to school. Have learned child has not lived with mom since soon after graduating HS. Will be moving into mobile home tomorrow with 2 other young people.
When court order was issued stated I was to pay until child married, died or reached age of majority, which at that time was 19. I have no address, phone number or means of contact for child.  
My question...... since child no longer lives with mom do I still have to pay child support and if not how do I go about getting it changed? There is a second child who I will gladly pay support for.......just want some modification for first one.
Thanks

socrateaser

>My question...... since child no longer lives with mom do I
>still have to pay child support and if not how do I go about
>getting it changed? There is a second child who I will gladly
>pay support for.......just want some modification for first
>one.

If your orders were that you must pay "until child
>married, died or reached age of majority, which at that time
>was 19," then it doesn't matter where the child lives, because that's not a condition of the support order. So, unless you can determine if the child has married or died, then you must continue to pay until the child reaches the age of 19.