Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 04:42:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BM commiting Medicaid Fraud

Started by dadinva2006, Nov 15, 2006, 10:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadinva2006

Hello,
I am not sure if you remember my story, but I am a father who was recently granted primary physical, joint legal of my child. I have had her on my insurance for the past 2 years. BM has continually refused to use this (in emails) and continues to use medicaid for her. Even now after I received custody, BM just took our daughter to same doctor this week with Medicaid. I told BM weeks ago that I would like to switch her doctor to one near my home that accepts my insurance and asked again for her to please stop using medicaid.

1. Is she commiting Medicaid Fraud?

2. Should I contact someone about this (Medicaid office directly and ask them to stop coverage and explain situation)?

3. If I report this, even though BM has refused to use my insurance, would I be required to reimburse the state?

4. If BM is found guilty of Medicaid Fraud would this help me at our appeal trial (by reducing credibility)?

socrateaser

>1. Is she commiting Medicaid Fraud?

I don't know -- contact the DHHS office and ask them.
>
>2. Should I contact someone about this (Medicaid office
>directly and ask them to stop coverage and explain
>situation)?

If you want to know whether this is a fraud, that would be a place to start.

>
>3. If I report this, even though BM has refused to use my
>insurance, would I be required to reimburse the state?

Only if the custodial parent has assigned her right to support to the state in return for the medical benefits -- otherwise not.

>
>4. If BM is found guilty of Medicaid Fraud would this help me
>at our appeal trial (by reducing credibility)?

Way too vague. I have no idea what the facts of your case are, so I can't possibly comment.

dadinva2006

Hello,
I am not sure if you remember my story, but I am a father who was recently granted primary physical, joint legal of my child. I have had her on my insurance for the past 2 years. BM has continually refused to use this (in emails) and continues to use medicaid for her. Even now after I received custody, BM just took our daughter to same doctor this week with Medicaid. I told BM weeks ago that I would like to switch her doctor to one near my home that accepts my insurance and asked again for her to please stop using medicaid.

1. Is she commiting Medicaid Fraud?

2. Should I contact someone about this (Medicaid office directly and ask them to stop coverage and explain situation)?

3. If I report this, even though BM has refused to use my insurance, would I be required to reimburse the state?

4. If BM is found guilty of Medicaid Fraud would this help me at our appeal trial (by reducing credibility)?

socrateaser

>1. Is she commiting Medicaid Fraud?

I don't know -- contact the DHHS office and ask them.
>
>2. Should I contact someone about this (Medicaid office
>directly and ask them to stop coverage and explain
>situation)?

If you want to know whether this is a fraud, that would be a place to start.

>
>3. If I report this, even though BM has refused to use my
>insurance, would I be required to reimburse the state?

Only if the custodial parent has assigned her right to support to the state in return for the medical benefits -- otherwise not.

>
>4. If BM is found guilty of Medicaid Fraud would this help me
>at our appeal trial (by reducing credibility)?

Way too vague. I have no idea what the facts of your case are, so I can't possibly comment.

poohbear

DH was NCP at the time. BM was using medicaid only, when DH had insurance. Insurance is considered primary, and medicaid secondary...but BM wasn't using insurance at all.

DH called DHHS. Informed them of the situation. He was told that SHE would have to pay back any money they could not recoup through his insurance. They told DH that he would not have to pay, because he was doing his part by providing insurance...it was up to BM to follow the rules and use the insurance.

Medicaid then billed DH's insurance for what they had paid, and received reimbursement. BM was not in trouble, and didn't have to pay anything back, but was told she had to use insurance first, then medicaid.