Frequently Asked Questions

I've been falsely accused. What steps should I take?

The first prudent step when falsely accused is to seek competent legal representation, preferably an attorney who is experienced at fighting false allegations. This is even more crucial if the allegation involves claims of sex abuse, child abuse, or domestic abuse. The following pages contain information on the responding to false allegations of abuse. Please note that it is extremely important to respond as quickly as possible and as firmly as possible. NEVER assume these allegations will "blow over" or be dropped- the chances are overwhelming that they will not.