Divorce & Custody Resources for Maine

CategoryMaine Resource Link & Information
ForumMaine State Forum
Professional ListingsProfessional listings for Maine
Legal FormsLegal forms and documents for Maine
School & Medical RecordsSchool & Medical Records for Maine
Search Engine listingsSearch the SPARC site for "Maine"
Child Support GuidelinesSupportGuidelines.com
Child Support EmancipationIn Maine, the child is emancipated .
[More info...]
Termination of Parental Rights
Termination of Parental Rights: Maine
MAINE - tit. 22, § 4002, § 4055, § 4022(1-B), § 4041(2)
Abandonment or Extreme Parental DisinterestYes
Mental Illness or Deficiency 
Alcohol- or Drug-induced IncapacityYes
Felony Conviction/ IncarcerationYes
Failure of Reasonable EffortsYes
Sexual AbuseYes
Abuse/Neglect or Loss of Rights of Another ChildYes
Failure to Maintain Contact 
Failure to Provide Support 
Failure to Establish Paternity 
Child Judged in Need of Services/DependentYes
Child's Best InterestYes
Child in care 15 of 22 months (or less)Yes
Felony assault of child or siblingYes
Murder/Manslaughter of sibling childYes
Other Grounds• Custody removed from the parent
• Voluntary relinquishment
• Aggravated circumstances
• Heinous or abhorrent behavior

Maine Parenting PlansParenting Plan Kit for Maine
Maine Parenting
Plan Generator
Maine Parenting Plan generator
Attorney Complaint InformationFiling complaints against attorneys in Maine

There may be additional resources available. If you don't find what you're looking for through the above links and resources, we suggest asking for assistance on one or more of the SPARC Main Message Boards.