Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - flewwellin

Pages: 12 3 ... 20
North Carolina State Forum / RE: Go to a lawyer....
« on: Jun 10, 2005, 02:55:39 PM »
Because yes you can move your son out of state without Bio father's permission.  My husband had a battle with his ex wife about her moving to PA from NC with his 2 kids and they have JOINT custody.  The judge said he wasn't going to stop her from moving because it wasn't "convenient" for my husband.  However he gave him a decent visitation with the kids.  We unfortunately can't and couldn't at the time afford to move any closer to where the kids were going.  My husband is a wonderful father and kept the kids 3 days out of every week, when his ex wife was too sick to have them (with a cold) and we cooperated with her at every possible level.  This one wasn't one we could cooperate with. However she has been up there for a year now.  Go talk to a lawyer and file the papers make it a court order that it's okay for you to move out of state nothing verbal.  He's already proved he isn't trust worthy.

We live in Wilmington if it works here it should work wherever you are are in NC.  Just remember that NC will hold jurisdiction to the cases for and about your son.  Good luck.

Child Support Issues / RE: CS due date
« on: Oct 05, 2005, 07:09:08 PM »
she isn't likely to adopt a better attitude.  I agree he should take it to the enforcement agency and have it withheld from her check every week.  that way she won't be able to ignore her duties as a parent.

Child Support Issues / RE: Daycare and CS - Question
« on: Sep 03, 2005, 11:14:10 AM »
I live in NC where they also take into account daycare during child support being determined. The judge in our case was crappy (IMO) I'd fight to have your daughter placed in an ACCREDITED daycare center.  Have a list of daycare names, director's names, who the teacher would be and also how much it would cost wkly for you to have her attend this daycare.  This would show you are willing to pay more for better care for your daughter and that you do indeed know what the daycares pricing is like.

You actually have to file a motion to discuss child support and then speak with the judge about it.  Usually if the parent has fallen into arrears that could have been preventable (in the courts eyes that is) they tend to make the CSE apply it as a credit.  Other judges instruct them to send it back as a refund.  

Child Support Issues / RE: Child Support Rant
« on: Aug 31, 2005, 04:55:36 PM »
DH and I went to court yesterday about our 1 month late support, which was paid by the end of the July in full.  We just had our receipt showing that the arrears are caught up and showed the cancelled check.  So we were told DH wasn't in Contempt and that we could leave.  Why wouldn't they have told us this before the court date? I dont know, however DH did have a question to ask the judge.  He wanted to continue paying weekly instead of having his pay check garnished.  That was when we found out that it was a state statute that it be garnished.  Oh by the way we were the last ones heard and the person calling the cases KNEW what we wanted to ask the judge.

Child Support Issues / RE: Child Support Order question
« on: Aug 31, 2005, 04:45:15 PM »
They typically like to hear custody cases and support cases separately.  However it will tell you when you get summoned what will be heard at that court date.  

I know in my state (NC) they can do both.  You can just leave it as a credit or sometimes the judge may order the CSE to give you a refund.

Child Support Issues / RE: getting back lost drivers license
« on: Aug 31, 2005, 04:40:28 PM »
I'd say that maybe you should file a motion now that he has a job so that he can have work driving privelages given to him by a judge this way the case worker can't be in it at all.  I'd also request that he be given a different case worker at the local CSE office.

Child Support Issues / RE: Child Support Rant
« on: Aug 29, 2005, 12:22:46 PM »
I am really ashamed to call myself a woman sometimes.  The actions of some of these women make me feel physically ill.  I bet your DH was shocked that he was the 1 in 7 that came out positive.  I don't think it's right that they could make him pay arrears for a child that he didn't even know he had.  A more appropriate approach would be to just start from that date, because this was the date he actually became a father!

Child Support Issues / RE: Child Support Rant
« on: Aug 28, 2005, 10:41:32 AM »
Yep 500 $ is all it took for them to come after us.  It makes sense about the income taxes being withheld but I swear it's like they don't even give you time to catch up without taking you to court.  GRRR.  I swear I am really looking forward to being done with this crap.  My youngest step kid is 4 1/2 so we've got 13 1/2 yrs left.  Yeah I am counting down.

Pages: 12 3 ... 20
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.