Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sadinmd

Pages: 1
Father's Issues / birth certificate in MD
« on: Apr 29, 2013, 02:07:07 PM »
Is anyone familiar with the requirements to add the father's name to his child's birth certificate in MD?  I have an order from the court that names me as the biological father based on DNA testing, is that enough for the State of MD vital records division?  I've tried calling them but no luck so far

Visitation Issues / Re: Help
« on: Apr 26, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »
thanks so much for the advice, especially about school schedule. 

Visitation Issues / Help
« on: Apr 26, 2013, 08:53:21 PM »
I am the father of a 3 1/2 yr old daughter.  She currently lives in WV with her mother. I have been attempting to go through the court for a 1 1/2 to get visitation and shared legal custody.  My daughter was born in MD so that is where I started.  The MD court advised that since she had lived in WV for more than 6 months I should seek remedy there.  This week I attended the trial with the mother.  She is fighting my request indicating that "I have never tried to be a part of my daughter's life."  When the truth is she lets me see her only when the mood strikes.  I tried to work it out with her for 2 years.  I have only been allowed to share one holiday with my daughter.  Last year I was permitted to visit with her for 10 days total.  I think the WV family court judge was ready to issue a parenting plan, since she wouldn't agree to mediation, but at trial it came out that she had not put my name on the birth certificate.  I have an order from the MD court stating that I am the natural father based on a DNA test.  I am hoping that with this document I can have my name added - but I still have to start the whole process over.  Anyone else run into similar situation?

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.