Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - ocean

Father's Issues / RE: Served Papers
Jun 27, 2005, 04:56:32 PM
It sounds like mediation. The mediator tries to get both sides to agree and then it goes before the court to get signed off instead of a hearing/trial. Try to ignore the threats and document, document, document. :)
Can you write it all out with whatever has been discussed and whatever else you have in there and then send it to her? Ask her to make revisions right on it and send it back to you so you can see if you agree. Go back and forth like this so that way "they" can look at it together and come to some sort of agreement. I think that if you go after the boyfriend then when he leaves you will be dealing with BM who can not pay the airfare and you will be stuck once again. OR you can request mediation right away and he will not be allowed in the room and you can hash it our with her if you think she is being reasonable. Her lawyer will be there but stand your ground :) Where did you leave it with her? Does she have an e-mail you can communicate through? Good luck!
Father's Issues / RE: new confused father
Jun 19, 2005, 05:21:54 PM
First, you should have a paternity test done to make sure this baby is yours. If you are the father, you can go to court and get visitation, even as an infant. Many fathers get overnights as well. Sign yourself us for a parenting class and go get certified in CPR. It will look good in court :) Good luck! Keep posting and there are many people that will help you.
Father's Issues / RE: In a word...AWESOME!!!!
Jun 06, 2005, 04:26:57 PM
Whooo Hoooo !!!  I am soo happy that he came without incident! So how do you feel now? Is the tiredness gone? :)
Father's Issues / RE: FERPA Question
Jun 05, 2005, 04:15:42 PM
Yes, you are right if it is a Public school....private schools are a different ball game :)  I would call the district office of the school and tell them that you are having difficulty getting access to your child's records.  This usually gets the principal moving really fast :)
Father's Issues / RE: No energy...
Jun 02, 2005, 02:34:04 PM
Your emotions are running high...try to do something calming and once he is really here I am sure you will feel RELIEF !!! Good luck !!!
No, she can not make you stay in the state but you may not get physical custody of your daughter and it may takes months/years for a full custody battle. Are you going to go back and forth for court? Your daughter is 11 and will not say who "hurt" her?  It sounds like you are in for the long battle and it will be harder if you are out of state. It will have to be a pesonal choice after you weigh all your options.
Father's Issues / RE: New here, need help
Feb 21, 2005, 04:31:07 PM
Does your husband have any custody papers through a court? If so, what do they say? :)
Father's Issues / RE: Lost my job
Dec 14, 2004, 04:50:47 PM
Do you know who you interviewed with? Maybe you can write a letter to a higher up explaining the circumstances and that you are more than willing to stay on with them in exchange for the time off? Sorry to hear that you have to deal with that....It will get better.....and you will see your daughter!