Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - MixedBag

Pages: 12 3 ... 8
There are advocates of tossing all of your documentation once your child emancipates....and there are advocates of the need to preserve history because too often history gets re-written by alienators....  Well, I share another reason today NOT to throw it out that caught me by surprise.  I divorced #2 in 1996 and did not ask for my last name to change.  I kept it.  Then 6 months later, I went to the local court to have it changed legally and pressed on with life.  Well, today I find out that the VA doesn't have my current last name in their system correct in ALL of the different departments.  I was active duty military, even retired under my maiden name, but this one flippin' office or department still has my former name.  So I need a state ID AND divorce to show I was allowed to change my name.  I said "But it's not in the divorce, can't you accept my passport, or my retired military ID,or my DDForm214?"  He said NO, it has to be a court order.  THANKFULLY, I'm anal when it comes to documentation -- and I had it handy in my "all about Iris" file...and I could send off a copy and now wait.  But imagine if I had to contact the court -- 12 hours away -- ask for a record to be pulled that's over 20 years ago (which takes 3 - 5 business days) because back then, NOTHING was electronic.....

Father's Issues / need to delete
« on: Jul 09, 2015, 05:21:12 AM »
both sides have blamed the other for all the visibility on social media and the internet and have asked that everything be taken down.  SO.....I just went in and deleted and modified and HOPE, cross my fingers and toes, chant, and pray that all of them figure something out.

Mom is guilty of alienation.

Dad isn't putting the children first since he hasn't asked for a transfer to keep him from travelling to a foreign country too often (which means he can't handle primary custody).

Children are defying court directions -- which is what landed them in jail.

There was a hearing today -- Friday -- and it was actually streamed live on the internet -- and people are still in an uproar....but IMHO 99% don't understand the entire picture at all and how this will impact future situations.

Wishing they all figure out a better way and get their heads out of their asses....oooops, did I just say that?

Father's Issues / Kitty's husband.....
« on: Feb 09, 2015, 05:44:56 PM »
was in a really bad accident last week.  And I know we don't post personal stuff here -- much -- but she could really use some positive vibes, prayers, good karma, or whatever else floats your boat -- right now so that her husband has a speedy recovery.  Not life threatening but he'll need surgeries (notice that's plural).....and she's helped so many here, it's time we do what we can to help her back.

Father's Issues / Awesome find of legal stuff by a friend...
« on: Oct 21, 2013, 04:58:29 AM »
Even though I posted this in the legal section....  I thought this was an awesome find.  Maybe that makes me ummm....strange, weird, crazy -- and I guess I have a few EX's who would agree with you -- but this was a great find and worth bookmarking to many folks who come here.http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/2012-child-support-and-family-law-legislative-enac.aspx

Dear Socrateaser / Awesome Find by a Friend...
« on: Oct 21, 2013, 04:56:23 AM »
I'm NO LEGAL expert, and reading through this article or site makes me even more humble.  Different states, different laws.....and I find myself asking WHY can't it be ONE way?  They're all children, it's still divorce....blah blah blah....

Pages: 12 3 ... 8
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.