Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - too_short

Pages: 12 3 4
Pennsylvania State Forum / RE: I do occasionally. (nm)
« on: Dec 16, 2003, 05:53:59 PM »

Child Support Issues / after school care passed as activity?
« on: Sep 08, 2005, 04:50:19 PM »
Okay, ex has history of enrolling 10 year old son in after school programs, collecting additional cs from it, and pulling him out without notifying me. Never filed any exceptions to it... I should have. Live out of state -- they live in NC.

Now ex moved in with her parents and filed for more cs and has put son in an after school martial arts program. Originally claimed it was after school care, that gps never agreed to watch son after school, but now argument has change (probally because she realised that gps are watching the infant and so can watch my son). Ex claiming it is an activity: $350 a month. This activity will be from 3-6pm M-F; I can't imagine kids doing 3 hours every day of nothing but martial arts. I found karate classes in their area that meets 3 days a week and is free. Will forward the info. to ex.

So what are your thoughts/caveats? Think ex will pull this off?


Child Support Issues / RE: Not surprised by the county. (nm)
« on: Dec 16, 2003, 05:39:58 PM »

I recently had my attourney look into this via his firms tax office.  Apparently there's been changes to the rules on claiming dependents.  They looked at publilcation 501 (Exemptions, Standard Deductions...)
for the year 2003 and noted changes from 2002.  For those of you familiar with the rules regarding claiming exemptions from the previous year, publication 501 now states:

"these special rules for divorced or seperated parents also apply to parents who never married"

among other changes.  Moreover, it doesn't look like never married NCP's who provide more than half the support can claim the exemption unless the custoidal parent releases the exemption claim...

Anyone know how this change came to be?  

Dear Socrateaser / son on medicaid
« on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:49:39 PM »
CP lives in NC, I live in PA.  Custody and support handled in PA.  Our son is 10 years old.

By order, cp is to maintain primary health insurance for son and I (NCP) to maintain secondary. CP has been withholding policy information from me for the past year. Just learned from CP that she has son on MEDICAID. Don't understand how CP can qualify for such coverage given that she makes 35k a year, has two kids (one with someone else), receives additional 11k a year from me for CS, and that I also provide (secondary) coverage for son.

I suspect CP is committing fraud (she has history of lying in support court to up CS -- in fact, I'm also paying for part of her old health ins. premium and then she switched to MEDICAID).

1.)  Given that this is state aid, will the state go after me for re-imbursement?  (I suspect CP did not provide my info. to state).

2.)  Also puzzled given her income, my CS, and the fact that I have coverage for son (I did offer to make my coverage primary, but cp refused) how can she qualify for such assistance.  Have any insight on this?


Dear Socrateaser / CP never petition me for discovery
« on: Dec 11, 2004, 06:52:33 PM »
Mother never petitioned me for discovery, so I have no court ordered obligations on this matter.   She does not know what records I have been able to gather and so doesn't want to supply more than what she thinks I possess.  There's quite a bit of stuff out there that I was able to get a hold of.  She doesn't understand joint legal :)


Dear Socrateaser / Discovery
« on: Dec 11, 2004, 05:19:18 PM »
The state is PA, mother has primary custody of 8 year old son.  Filed for custody in February.  Mother agreed to my discovery request -- to provide answers/supporting documents by November 4, 2004.  Mother never petition any discovery questions for us to answer.

Mother did not answer many of the questions and did not supply any documentation (such as school records, medical records, psych. records, etc.).  Asked her atty for documents and answers, atty replies she will supply answers when "they recieve the same."

I'm an out of state NCP; many of the discovery questions don't apply to me.

1)  They agreed to our discovery (and it was signed by a judge); can they now refuse it?


Dear Socrateaser / RE: teacher's notes admissable?
« on: Sep 26, 2004, 07:03:06 AM »
I want to show son has had problems in school in kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade.  Mother is claiming son only started having problems in 2nd grade as a result of my increased custodial time.

Dear Socrateaser / teacher's notes admissable?
« on: Sep 25, 2004, 07:28:38 AM »

State court is in PA.  Mother lives in PA with son.  I live in DE.   I have joint legal and shared custody of son.

My son's 1st grade teacher had him keep a journal where she would write notes on his classroom behavior for his mother to see.   Each entry in journal is followed by Mother's and teacher's signature.   I have photocopies of this journal.

1)  Will there be any problems in getting this admissable in court?

Dear Socrateaser / NCP visiits at school
« on: Sep 09, 2004, 05:07:06 PM »
        I'm a NCP of an 8 year old boy.  Mom and son llive in PA.  I have joint legal
        custody and partial physical custody every other weekend.  

        I drove up to my son's school in PA to visit him during free time.  Principal
        would not let me see him because I have custody on weekends.


       This issue is weighing very heavy on my psyche.


      1)  Do I need to have it specifically stated in court order that I can visit my
            son at public school?  

      2)  If this ends up being simply a matter of school policy, then can they expect
            such a policy once it becomes challenged?

Pages: 12 3 4
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.