Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - reaper666

Pages: 1
New Jersey State Forum / Bergen County Judges
« on: Jan 06, 2008, 09:56:18 PM »
I am looking to find out some information on a Bergen County Judge.  I believe the spelling is correct but not 100% sure.  It would be Judge Smoleinski.  I am a father going back for custody of my 4 y/o daughter Pro Se.  

Any information anyone has that would help would be greatly appreciated.

General Issues / RE: Been served, Now what?
« on: Jan 06, 2008, 09:52:08 PM »
One of the first things you need to do is to file a response.  I am going to assume for a moment that you are going to do this on your own since you state you have no money for an attorney.  A lot depends on what state you are in.  One of the first things is look up the divorce laws in your state.  Most states have a website that give you the laws.  Be prepared to have your brain fried and spend many hours.  But it can be done.  Once you have that now you have something on your side.  As has been said some attorneys will give you the first visit free.  Many law students will help you on a free or almost free basis they need that for their classes.  You can learn alot from online law libraries too.  I happen to be in NJ so I can use Rutgers law online library.  Find something similar.  Be prepared for the long haul and that nothing will be easy.  Then if things work out better you are a step ahead.  Try to get as much informationi as you can quickly so that you can file your response on time along with any counter-claim you have.  This would be you answering whatever he claims and your claims to go with it.  Most courts have what is called a pro se kit.  Since you are on a tight time frame now I would go there and see what they have.  It is a lot of reading but points you at least in the right direction.  Let us know what state and maybe we can give you some more insight.

General Issues / Legal Advise / Attorney review
« on: Jan 06, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »
I have seen 1 website that you pay a fee for and you can get legal advice from an atorney by email.  They return an answer within 1-2 days.  I believe the fee was $100 or $150 for a year worth of answers.  Does anyone know what website this is or of something similar?

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.