Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - brwneyedmom

Pages: 1 2 34 5 ... 11
Chit Chat / Re: Too tan
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:40:36 PM »
Ouch. I would sue.

Chit Chat / Re: Awesome Freeboarding
« on: Apr 26, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »
My thoughts (in no particular order)
1. Oh my.
2. There is nothing to protect one of those young ladies from serious road burn except her tats.
3. How many people crashed and burned before they set up hay bales on the curves?
4. Oh my.
5. What was their top speed?
6. How do I keep DS from seeing this video?
7. Oh my.

Second Families / Re: And the drama has begun again. :(
« on: Apr 16, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
Any money sent without a court order is a GIFT. If an increase in CS is ordered later, the GIFT money that you have been voluntarily sending will not count and you would have to pony up money again.  Most states have a time period- Oregon is 3 years - before CS can be changed. Why on earth would the state AG not send money to your SS's mother?
I love the wry joke of your DH being a "sperm donor". It would seem that your SS's mother doesn't refer to your DH as a "wallet" as well. No one can control what she says or does. Not even a judge. But this child will probably quickly learn that she is spreading poison. In view of that fact, try to order "Divorce Poison" from Amazon. It's out of print now, I believe, but others will correct me if I am wrong.
Of course, my opinions are those of an Oregonian and not an Arizonian. Your state laws may differ. And I am not an attorney.

Illinois State Forum / Re: Concerned for child
« on: Apr 13, 2012, 12:09:57 AM »
What sexual offense occurred to be an adult sexual offender?
The offender would have in the public record any limitations....no contact with minors, no contact with young men, no contact with disabled youth, etc. The authorities would limit contact with the desired age and gender group, no libraries, schools, etc.
If the offender had raped adult females, that would be on the record and a minor child might not be an issue for THEM. For you, another story. Look up the area's sexual offenders/predators on the internet. Our county also lists who the offenders should avoid.
Others here have more information.

Child Support Issues / Re: How to change order?
« on: Mar 21, 2012, 11:47:54 PM »
You are much wiser than I, but I read it as it is a judge's ruling and for your DH to write it up. Don't include it with CS. She could turn in old bills to CS and they would collect them. Not everyone reads an order.
Make her send the EOBs and balance info to you every time. Even though you don't want to hear from her.

Visitation Issues / Re: Same old Visitation Denial
« on: Mar 16, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »
I think that your DH DID stand up for himself and his daughter.. Brilliant to think of bringing a thermometer with him!!

Child Support Issues / Re: Now it gets interesting....
« on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:18:02 PM »
It's automatic in Oregon if the state is collecting and dispersing CS payments.

Custody Issues / Re: Internation Parental Kidnapping and PAS
« on: Jan 11, 2012, 07:45:10 PM »
Stop bashing the other parent, even if true. It won't help you and makes you look like a crazy ex. Consider having your congresspersons put pressure on the embassy and the Greek government, if possible.
There are others with far more experience than I and I will defer to them. Any personal info or strategy that you post here can be read by anyone in the public arena; you will let your ex know what your next move will be.
Try to get the courts to force him to allow communication at regular intervals; it could be done by phone or skype. Don't talk about what he is missing so much; he is probably just spouting the family mantra that he is being forced to do. There is a great deal of pressure on your son to tell you these hateful things.

Chit Chat / Re: Help stop the NDAA
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 10:53:53 AM »

General Issues / Re: Blamed for Head lice
« on: Dec 31, 2011, 04:53:22 PM »
If head lice threatened custody of any sort, no one would have custody of their children. The best way to get rid of them is to actually pick nits out of the hair. Combs are not 100% effective. This takes several sessions and life cycles of lice to get rid of them, as nits are easily missed.
Go through her hair a very small section at a time. I would suggest putting on a favorite movie of hers so that she would have patience to endure this time-consuming procedure. Put any nits that you find into a glass of vinegar and flush it when you are done.
Lice are becoming more resistant to chemical treatments. I wouldn't recommend putting any more pesticide on her head to treat them.
This is the advice given by our school nurse, and I was a school nurse too. Lice just aren't that big a deal, except to ex-spouses. Kids share them all the time. I used to send DS to school with a plastic grocery bag. This was to be used for his coat. Hanging coats next to each other is a great way to get lice, too.
Good luck. Getting rid of lice is not easy. Sharing households makes it harder. She's probably getting them over there and mom checks when she returns from your home. Then she doesn't check before sending her back. Your ex is also a nurse, I remember. So of course, she knows more than you and the CDC....
Or I could be full of hot air about relationships. Wouldn't be the first time. You had the loser for a judge, I remember. So you might want to document all the things that you have done to treat them....have her prove what she has done to treat the lice. Save receipts, rent steam cleaners, etc....

Pages: 1 2 34 5 ... 11
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.