Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Kent

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 2324 25
Father's Issues / Obvious... ;o)
« on: May 27, 2005, 09:43:15 AM »
It is not a TRO against her presence, it is a TRO against her taking the child(ren) from the residence.


Father's Issues / Read this NOW!
« on: May 27, 2005, 04:36:52 AM »

And most of all: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/protect.htm

Freeze all joint bank accounts
Freeze all joint credit cards
Find an attorney TODAY
File for custody EX PARTE today!
DO NOT move out of the house!
Stay away from alcohol, drugs, etc.

Good luck!


Father's Issues / Absolutely!
« on: May 26, 2005, 04:35:47 AM »
If this had been his father, everybody would be screaming bloody murder - rightfully so!

But oh wait, it's only the mom. She's a poor victim of this patriarchal society who now even lost her son. Let's feel sorry for her, and let her get away with it. Heck, let's give her an award for it!

She should be convicted as charged, with mandatory sterilization.

She did not HAVE to go to work. She could have gone back to the shelter.


Father's Issues / Do your research!
« on: May 18, 2005, 12:53:45 PM »
Did you notice that all your statistics are from 1995 or older, with only few exceptions?

90-95% of the domestic violence is by men against women    

National Violence Against Women: Full Report. The National Institute of Justice and the Center for Disease Control estimates that 1.5 million women and 835,000 men are the victims of domestic violence each year.(2001)

Domestic violence by women against men is not serious    

National Violence Against Women: Full Report. According to the NIJ/CDC National Violence Against Women survey, 10.8% of the women but only 4.1% of the men used a knife on the victim. 21.6% of the male victims were threatened with a knife, while only 12.7% of the women were so threatened. 43.2% of the male victims were hit with a hard object capable of causing serious injury, while this was true of only 22.6% of the female victims. When all serious forms of domestic assault were added together, as many assaulted men as women were seriously assaulted. (2003)

Latest Research Findings
on Battered Men and Violent Women
© 1999-2001 by Bert H. Hoff
Every year, 1,510,455 women and 834,732 men are victims of physical violence by an intimate. This is according to a Nov. 1998 Department of Justice/Centers for Disease Prevention and Control report on the National Violence Against Women Survey. What does that mean? Every 37.8 seconds, somewhere in America a man is battered. Every 20.9 seconds, somewhere in America a woman is battered.

I could go on and on and on.
It is not worth my time to over and over again spell out the new statistics to people who do not want to hear it anyway.

Denying the problem makes you more vulnerable to the issue.


Father's Issues / Prayers on their way!
« on: May 09, 2005, 06:22:29 AM »

I wish you all the strength you need.

How is Alex doing?


If the children are not really his, it will not matter at all in regards to child support. The children were born within the marriage (I assume), and he accepted responsibility for them, and he will be held to that responsibility.

If all the hard evidence you have does not matter to the judge, then the fact that he is not their biological father will not make his position any stronger. It may make it weaker though.

I estimate from your post that the children are at least 5 years old, and you have tried to obtain custody several times. Now that it doesn't work, you suddenly want to find out if they're really his?

Something doesn't sound quite right...

How will it benefit the children to know that their father really isn't their father (and this being brought on to avoid/reduce child support)???

If you know who reported abuse against the mother, and there are at least 3 or 4, then request a custody evaluation. Or have the children seen by a psychologist while in your care.
If the judge doesn't listen to abuse reports, you need a professional to support the abuse claims.


Father's Issues / RE: REALLY LOST and need some guidance.
« on: May 02, 2005, 10:12:18 AM »
Since there is no custody order, you have no rights. You need to get parenting time established. In order to do that, you need to file a petition with the court. In this petition, you also need to ask for a mandatory paternity test. You need to do this ASAP, so they cannot claim "abandonment".

I hope you never sent cash, but always a check writing "Child Support" on it. If not, they may claim you never paid a dime in child support, and you may get hit with 3 years of back child support.
As for now, do not pay any money to them, but instead put that money in a savings account. Should you be ordered to pay back child support, then at least there is some money there.

Check if your state is a one-party state; if so, start recording the phone calls, especially the ones where they claim she's not there while you hear her in the background.

Also start asking for time with her in writing; certified with return receipt.

It is absolutely better to prepare and file your motion through an attorney. However, if you cannot afford and attorney, then go Pro Se (i.e. do it yourself). But : You cannot afford to NOT have an attorney!

Having custody of another child is a plus, but it will not help you a lot.


Father's Issues / 2 websites that need our attention
« on: May 02, 2005, 05:12:18 AM »
Listening to a local radio station, there was an ad that promoted the domestic-violence-is-commited-by-men-only myth, with refernce to two websites.

The websites are:
1) http://www.endviolence.org
Even though this website seems to be gender neutral, their participation in this ad is just sickening.
Also their statement: "where violence is passed from grandfather to father to son, or to daughter. It is not unusual to see father and son in the same prison, and it is quite possible that the grandfather had been there too." leaves no doubt where their mind is.

2) http://www.menstoppingviolence.org
These people need a reality check! It looks like it is a spin-off of NOW!
" Men Stopping Violence is a social change organization dedicated to ending men's violence against women.

Men Stopping Violence works locally, nationally, and internationally to dismantle belief systems, social structures, and institutional practices that oppress women and children and dehumanize men themselves. We look to the violence against women's movement to keep the reality of the problem and the vision of the solution before us. We believe that all forms of oppression are interconnected. Social justice work in the areas of race, class, gender, age, and sexual orientation are all critical to ending violence against women."

Can we get some statistics and lots of complaints to these idiots?


Father's Issues / Oh, she actually went to jail for that? (eom)
« on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:34:06 AM »

Father's Issues / RE: controlling ex
« on: Apr 14, 2005, 06:05:14 AM »
At this moment you can save the money of the consultation and prepare yourself better. It is too early to talk to an attorney.

First, start using the Notice of Intent to Excercise Visitation letter. http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/intent.htm
Make sure you send the letter to her per certified mail with return receipt.
Send this letter on each friday before an even weekend. She will get it then on Saturday or Monday, and that gives her enough notice. Make a copy of each letter, and keep that with the delivery notification.

If she still denies visitation for 6 times or more, then you file contempt charges against her.
Make sure you are NEVER late with child support payments; GA judges have no tolerance for that.


Pages: 1 ... 21 22 2324 25
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.