Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Kent

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 2425
Father's Issues / RE: In GA too
« on: Apr 14, 2005, 05:55:50 AM »
I'm in the Atlanta area, unfortunately too far away from you.

Documentation is everythying. However, you need to know what to document. Your ex being lazy is of no concern to a judge. Her being controlling is also a non-issue.
What matters is:
- medical neglect (not going to the doctor when she's sick)
- missing school (biiiiig issue)
- denial of parenting time (visitation)
- alcohol and/or drug abuse by anyone in the house(hold), especially while the child is with her
- domestic violence reports on her or someone in her house(hold)
- physical child abuse
- moving around to different school districts

Any of the above (or better: a combination) will help you to get more access to your child.

What stuff is coming up that keeps you from having your EOW? On your end, or on hers?


Father's Issues / RE: Kent Jr. 2nd is here!
« on: Apr 12, 2005, 03:03:26 PM »
Sorry, Kitty, he couldn't pray enough to get daddy some good looks... ;o)

Father's Issues / In GA too
« on: Apr 12, 2005, 08:04:18 AM »
Where in GA are you?
I may be able to give you some GA specific advice. Been through the mills here for the past 6 years... and did well.


Father's Issues / Kent Jr. 2nd is here!
« on: Apr 12, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »

Kent Jr. 2nd was born last week, 7 lbs 14oz, 19 inch.
Eventually it turned out to be a C-section, but everything is well.
I'll be in chat sometime this week.

Here he is:
[img src=http://www.deltabravo.net/dc/pics/KentJr.jpg]

Father's Issues / I do not totally agree
« on: Feb 09, 2005, 12:39:52 PM »
In my opinion it is imperative that, especially with shared physical custody, one parent has sole legal custody.

Where two parents divorced, there will always be disagreements over legal issues; medical issues and treatment, educational decisions, etc. etc.
With joint legal custody, both parents have to agree to come to a decision. Or each parent can inform school or doctor of one decision, and 5 minutes later the other parent will inform of the opposite. It is a breeding ground for conflict.

Determination who gets sole legal custody is a difficult issue, and could be determined by an evaluation by a psychologist PhD.


Father's Issues / RE: I wonder what will happen next.
« on: Feb 08, 2005, 05:42:53 PM »

We're on a week-to-week schedule. Kid IS doing great, at least at my home and in school. It's her home where there appear to be a lot of problems.


Father's Issues / I wonder what will happen next.
« on: Feb 08, 2005, 01:00:40 PM »

I got a call from the PBFH last week. While our child is in her care, he is now totally out of control, angry, talks back, and has major attitude problems.

Strange that he doesn't display this behavior when he's in our home...
Anyway, she wants me to talk to him about this. Which I am willing to do, but it will only make things worse. It is an open confirmation to him that she's losing control and doesn't know how to get it back. Which is unfortunate, because it makes him try his limits at school too. But luckily he has a fantastic teacher with whom we have excellent contact. So we'll keep him in line there.


Father's Issues / Possibly, but....
« on: Feb 08, 2005, 12:54:33 PM »
... it is much more likely that the overall personal and home hygiene plays a big roll here.

My son used to get sick frequently while he was in his mother's care, and we live 1 hr apart.


Father's Issues / RE: Changes in the air?
« on: Jan 28, 2005, 10:16:19 AM »
The case of Taron James was continued again.
The next date is for April 25th, 2005
at 600 Commonwealth  Los Angeles, CA 90005

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 2425
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.