Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 18, 2024, 07:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Parenting time expeditor

Started by Crockpot, Mar 29, 2007, 05:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notnew

If spring and winter break are the only issues, I'd suggest drawing up and amendment to the existing order taking care of this matter.

make sure it states the order from XX date is still in place, and that this amendment is to clarify the spring and winter breaks only.

I said earlier I thought switching off first half/second half each year may be a good idea. Based on your postings, I still think that is a good way to go.

Sign it and send it to her asking her to sign off on it. If she agrees, then you can simply enter it with the court and ask the judge to sign off on it. No big deal.

If she won't sign, then you have proof you tried to settle and you can file a motion to modify to add the amendment to the order.

I still think that you are stuck this year with Spring Break. Is there any way possible you can get a friend or relative to watch the kids? Do you have a SO that CAN take off of work to do this for you? I know you dont' want to ask your SO to do this because your ex is being such a nice personx( , but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Spending time with the kids is paramount. Nothing else matters. Like I said before, if she gets away with it this time, she will do it again and again. You have to take that power away from her.

Good luck.

Crockpot

I called my ex last night to try one more time.  She finally agreed to the days I first requested.  I'm sure it was her plan all along to be a pain in the ass and then give in.  She ended the conversation with "next time don't call me unless it's important."  I see where her priorities are...  I think she's just an unhappy person and likes to spead it around.

Either way I get my kids for a school break for the first time since we divorced.  

My SO has more flexiable hours at work and will be my back up when I can't be there for future visits, but she'll be out of town this time.  

I like the idea of writing something up and asking my ex to sign so we can submit to the courts.  It's worth a try.

Thanks for all the advice!