Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:56:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

registering order in another state

Started by mishelle2, May 14, 2007, 09:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mishelle2

hey all, does anyone know how to register a custody order from CA in FL?? what form to file, is it a Fl form or a CA form?

thanks

williaer

I have NO expert advice, but I would think a FL form, since you want it registered in FL.

chipmunk226

Go to your county clerk office. When I moved from PA to MD, they told me what I needed from the PA court in order to register my custody order in MD. For me it was a PITA because my clerks office couldn't get their heads outta their behinds to figure out exactly what I needed.

mishelle2

anyone from FL?? and know what form to file?? I cant find it and the clerks office is unwilling to help, cause its considered legal advice...even though Im 3000 miles away!!!

mishelle2

ok all...... dh got an email yesterday from sd mom in FL saying that  she will not be sending her Sat. for her court ordered visitation, cause sd is failing 8th grade, and until her final report card is in shes not coming to CA. .. So.. we contacted child abduction unit and  they told us to bring our CO to there office this afternoon and they will get started prior to her scheeduled flight, so when shes not on it.. they will be a step ahead...
This reallly pisses me off, we bought her non refundable airline ticket months ago. and we have known for months that she is going to fail, we have been in contact with her school on a weekly basis, we have emailed the bm lots of times and told her what they have said, and she has always said she knows but its not her responsibility to make her do sd do her work its sd's.So now why all the sudden the week that sd is supposed to be here her mom pulls this crap!! BM had the nerve to say her education comes first.....!!!

Our attorney said that if shes not on the flight sat that tuesday we will file an emergency motion for custody and for fees incurred for flight changes etc....

Had to vent.... anyone have any advice????

notnew

don't drink too much.

Also, don't let it give you an ulcer.

this stuff sucks and it happens way more than it should.

I'm sorry you guys are going through this.

I wonder if they did a count of all the people experiencing summer visitation problems alone each year, how high the number would actually be across the US? That doesn't even factor in all the other problems NCP's are going through and shame on the court's for allowing these situations to exist and continue.

mishelle2

amen to that....

what is crazy is that bm must have fallen and bonked her head!! Her fiance/boyfriend is on trial today.. for possession and paraphenalia charges.. and sd is failing school and... we have numerous emails from sd saying mom calls her a Bitch... I would think this may be enough for a change in custody.. especially since the kids we have together are all honors students etc... We shall see how this unfolds..

notnew

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I can tell you that failing in school is not always looked at by the court as a reason to transfer custody. Excessive absences and tardies aren't either or fake illness.

The BF? She will probably testify that he is not her BF, just a friend and he does not live with her. Been there done that too.

The e-mails probably won't add up to much either.

But, it's worth a consultation with an attorney to discuss if the evidence in hand is enough to make a go at a custody transfer.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I had what looked like a very strong case and it fell through due to one judge who just didn't see things for what they are.

Sadly, my child hasn't slipped through the cracks, the system has shoved this child down into them and totally forgotten to look back on things to see how it is going now. I have no idea how this will turn out in the end, but for now, it doesn't look promising.

So, I'd proceed cautiously and consult with a good family law attorney who has a proven track record of custody reversals.

In my opinion, I felt that moving on the case after the school contacted me was a mistake. I feel that had I sat back and waited, the administration would have pursued legal means of enforcing attendance and perhaps prosecuted my ex thus leading to a different set of circumstances wherein custody would have automatically transferred to me. However, my intervention for the best interests of my child resulted in the mother having time to create a scenario that just didn't exist and it fooled the court.

JMHO - you need to do what you think is right. But, it will be a stressful and costly experience and may not result in the decision you are hoping for.

Good luck.

mishelle2

well.. the bf.. shes got 2 kids with him, in the county I live in the Judge puts school before everything..and sd is almost 14 and she has always wanted to stay here in CA with us, her moms boyfriend is extremely mean to her, and bm tells her its not his job to be nice to her, shes not his kid!!!!
 our atty has been doing family law for like 25 years, he said we'll wait see if shes on the plane Sat, if not then first thing tuesday mornin we'll file an emergency motion because bm is not complying with the order. We are actually taking our CO to the child abduction unit today, our atty said take it there, theyll call the bm.. and usually the threat of prosecution is enough.  So we'll see..

mishelle2

well all... nothin like a little call from the CA child abduction unit to get bms attention. The DA called her and said child better be on plane or mom WILL be prosecuted to full extent of law.. then ... boom.. dad got email saying sd would be on plane.. :)  and sure enough shes on it as we speak...;)