Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:11:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

6yr and things he is currently saying

Started by wendl, Mar 07, 2004, 08:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

I have a 6yr ss who is usually a very happy child, lately from his counselor dh found out he is puttin signs on his door at bms saying "Do not enter or I will kill myself" (mom hasnt informed dh of this problem dh wasnt even informed kids were going to a counselor til the counselor called dh.

He has told me that he wished he was dead as well, he says he misses his dad and is unhappy at moms (a few months ago dh got reduced visitation and kids are used to seeing dad every weekend but one since 1999-we feel this is part of the problem)

I didnt know what to say to him he says he misses daddy and is unhappy at moms house, I told him if he misses dadddy to tell his teacher and see if she would let him call dh so he felt better) I told him daddy loves him very much and misses him to but dad isnt allowed to se him much right now.

Any suggestions to help him, he is currently going to a counselor who just now wanted to hear both sides (moms and dads) but the kids miss appointments due to mom loosing track of time therefore they miss the appt.

SO much more but hopefully you can give me a direction to go when talking with him, he is very open with me.

Dr. D

Get into that counselor.  Express your concerns and make yourself available as part of the solution.  Do not assume because the counselor has not heard your viewpoints that he/she is not concerned with them.  Also, express your concerns regarding the missed appointments. Is it possible to arrange for you to take the child to these appointments?  What are your visitations?  I gathered they might be limited.  Through a counselor, you might be able to be a bigger part of your child's life and help with all of this.
Dr. D

wendl

Thanks Dr. D,

I called the counselor yesterday, seems the last day the kids say him was 2/19 hmm that was the day counselor called dh to set up an appointment with him for the 25th which dh went to.

So the kids haven't been seing the counselor, the counselor and I had a good talk yesterday, he is also going to copy the kids records and mail them to dh all dh has to do is pay for the copies.

Wish bm would just keep them in counseling, they were just starting to open up to the counselor.

Well all we can do is take it day by day, dh would take the kids to counseling but he only has them eow and we live 70 miles away.

Dr. D

I am glad to hear that you had a nice conversation with the counselor.  Keep those lines of communication open.  Sounds like you are on the right track.
Dr. D

wendl

Thanks Dr. D
the counselor is sending DH the kids complete files next week, seems they stopped going, dh & I as well as our atty don't think its wise that the kids stopped going.

Thanks again will keep you  updated.
HAPPY EASTER