Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 04:47:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How do the rest of you NCM deal with CSM????????

Started by ksmomof2girls, Jan 08, 2005, 12:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksmomof2girls

I was at YD's school one day.  It was close to time for them to get out of school.  Since I hardly get to see any of her work, I went through her backpack.

She had to do "booklet" about herself and her family.  She had put the Stepmom down as her mom.  She didn't put down that she had 2 homes.  Her reason for not putting me down was b/c she didn't know how to spell my name.  Gee..they sure have made sure that she knows how to spell Sm's name.  I guess Heather (sm) is easier to spell than LaDawn(my name).  

She started to get all upset.  I told her its ok.  I know its hard on her.  

But I guess what bothered me the most, is that she didn't list that she lives w/SM.  Just that she lived with her Dad and Mom.

I know its pity things that bother me, but they all add up, and they are a big deal to a lot of us, because we know that someone wants to take our place and doesn't want us to be in it still.

SM has told me that she isn't trying to take my place.....PUHLEASE  What a lie!!!!

MixedBag

Did you get a copy of this project?

Aren't the kids in counselling?

I think it's a wonderful example of your concerns......replacement SM.

I remember when OD and MD had to do a speech in class about their family and they were so worried about filling up those 5 minutes...

I said "Hey, if you include everyone, you have so many people to talk about, the 5 minutes will fly by."

They found pictures and DID include everyone and got A's.  And poor MD, had a picture of her dog -- and said "I sleep with my dog" and the class chuckled (of course the teens were thinking of a different "sleep") but she got through it and then laughed at herself.  

ksmomof2girls

No, I haven't gotten a copy of the project

They were in family counseling at their home...but I wasn't involved w/it......and only knew about it b/c of the girls.....

That was 2 yrs ago...they haven't been since that I know of.

olanna

My ex and his bride are big frogs in a little pond...they live in a very small town in the south, so with me being 3000 miles away, are able to convince their tiny, (and I do mean tiny) circle of friends how they rescued my son from a certain life of crime and drugs.  My ex described the area I live in as if it were downtown Oakland and it couldn't be further from the truth. In actuality, my town has a lower violent crime rate than the little town they live in...and the schools here are California Distinguished Schools. SC ranks at the bottom of state rankings in education...

Truth is, I have lived in SC and know all about the area.  My ex has been to CA once for about 4 days. He knows nothing about the area with the exception of what he hears on the news...I can only imagine he would have had a hay day if I lived in SF, telling everyone in his little town how he saved his son from being gay..matter of fact, he probably wears that banner, too.

I don't care who my son calls Mom.  He knows who is mother is and I know that one will never take my place.  I also know that when my son is old enough to leave home, he will do so just as fast as he can pack, because while he deeply loves his father, his SM has been a source of contention for years...and he wants to return to CA to his roots.

I set my sights on that day, as it is just around the corner.

;)