Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

part time job

Started by I cry_ in_the_dark, Jan 16, 2004, 01:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I cry_ in_the_dark

Thanks, I sent you an email.

tryn2begooddad

Here in CT they use all income from employment to figure CS.. If you get a part time job and have a very vindictive PBFH then count on yourself being taken back to help get the kids what is rightfully theirs. One suggestion do like I did get a job as a bartender where you make next to nothing in booked salary but can make up for it in cash tips..it is a way to increase income without really markedly changing your income..just a thought

I cry_ in_the_dark

Thanks......years ago I bartended.......maybe I will again.

oklahoma

My understanding, as others have written, is that ALL income is included.  My husband is a student and CSE also included his financial aid in calculating CS... and that is something that no one else (i.e. the IRS, etc.) considers "income."

VeronicaGia

a job as a waiter/waitress at a bar or restaurant.  Some bars will pay you solely under the table....

norma

Once the support amount is established in an order, it would only be changed if there is a substantial change in circumstances and the custodial parent files a petition stating the change in circumstance requires an increase in support. If your ex is still making the same amount of money, you will not be ordered to pay more.

rini

hi

i knkow of at least 3 states that the guidelines will only use extra job in certain cercumstances

check your state guidelines unfortunately i cant remember what states these were.  

some state that anything over 40-hours a week would not effect the order but most will .

there are also some states that allow you to work an extra job if you have more kids and want  to earn extra to support the new children. they will not calculate the extra job in to the support for previous kids.

if you feel like posting the state i will take a look for you but that also depends on how easy your state guidelines are to get into and to read  but happy to give it a shot..

rini

wendl

they can increase it due to more income, they can increase it if you work overtime or get bonuses it sucks the ncp cant get ahead, dh no longer works overtime cuz its not worht it.