Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:21:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

We lost them

Started by kitten, Dec 14, 2004, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genie

that she doesn't want to move anything that isn't "necessary" and she figured he would like to have them for when they visit him. I know a bunch of crap but you can come up with anything to explain something like this away. Hopefully the judge wouldn't believe it.

Now, I Will is going to have to get out of his slump and decide if he wants to fight or give up.  He can do this.   He can get a lot more than just 5 weeks but he has to fight for his rights. And he has to keep fighting for as long as necessary.  Believe me I know how it is and it is hard on a relationship but as long as you guys stay on the same page you can do this!!! Don't put up with her crap. Keep in contact. Call, email, send letters and cards.  And everytime she refuses a call or cancels and email account or sends the letters back that is just one more thing against her. Use the laws to keep access to school information and send the stamped envelops if need be. Yes it can be expensive but that is what you do to stay in your children's lives.

Scrimp and save to afford those plane tickets. If you don't try to get them when you are supposed to then he won't have a leg to stand on in court. Money won't be an excuse.

I feel for Will and you. This is going to be very long and tough but it can be done. Don't give up.

StPaulieGirl

It just came to me as I was typing.  Both PB and stepfather sound unstable, so this is a very real possibility.  Shall we keep our fingers crossed?

Btw, I am going to be adding to my post on the Visitation Issues board.  To be fair, I'm going to have to scan his reply to me onto a floppy disk over at Staples, then post it.  

StPaulieGirl

That's good.  This way you'll know what's going on.  The state trooper might be able to give you a heads up should domestic squabbles start to occur.

kitten

A 30 day stay will be filed immediately starting from day of hearing.(don't know that date yet) so this is going to be another couple months before they go.  The problem with that, is that the kids are in limbo.  They are so confused because she keeps telling them "two more weeks, two more weeks, by Christmas etc..."  They are really suffering with the unknown.  
Jurisdiction will stay here, after 6 mo. of residency there, she will try to file for custody in AK.  There are other stipulations that will be requested also.
MSD is right, this won't last more than a couple years and most likely she will then run home to her mother in OR.  Unfortunatly it will take something catastophic because she has invested so much in this move and new husband/Dad.  Will will never stop fighting for his kids, but they also deserve some stability.  We're taking this day by day, not much else we can do.  

msme

underhanded, but I would treat the return of the toys as though the issue was the added expense of moving them. Then, after they are settled a few weeks, I would send the whole box addressed to the kids.

Insure it so you have proof of shipping. Follow it with a note to the kids saying that you understand how expensive moving can be & that you are happy to help cover the cost of moving their things. Be sure that letter is sent RR.

What's the worst that can happen? She can destroy them but you can tell the kids on the phone, after you ship it, that the box is on it's way so she will have to answer to them if it doesn't show up. If she lets them have their stuff, it will be like Christmas all over again with you as Santa.

Also, make sure you send regular packages. The stuff doesn't have to be expensive & the box doesn't have to be big. Age appropriate things like comic books or hair do-dads, etc, along with some gum or candy.

Also, write at least twice a week. Fill the letters with local news & see if their old school puts out a news letter & enclose a copy so they can keep up to date on what their friends are doing.

See if the teachers they had would let the class write them a note, once in a while. Also suscribe to an age appropriate magazine for each of them. That way, every month they will receive a reminder of how important they are to you.

She can try to erase him but remember, some ink is indelible & Will & you can be too.

Good Luck & God bless. Our prayers are with you.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

MYSONSDAD

"Children learn what they live"

catherine

really push for them to get a webcam and vice versa to visually SEE the children.  Heck, I'd try to get that court ordered if possible.

kitten

Excellent ideas!  I LOVE the sending the toys back one!  ;)

Webcam is in the order, but Dad has to pay for it!  

MYSONSDAD

They have some great after Christmas sales going on.

I give it two years at tops, they will be back!

"Children learn what they live"

msme

mail a copy of each letter to yourself.  Address the back of the envelope & have the stamps overlap the edge of the flap. Do this at the post office. First get a proof of mailing for the original, (cheaper than cert or RR) & put it in with your copy of the letter. Then do the seal with stamps on the flap. That way you will have a postal seal on each letter. Only do this on the copy you are sending to yourself.

Ask the postman to hand cancel it. When the letters are delivered to you, put them in a box & save them. Do not open your copy. That way, if she doesn't give the kids their mail, you will have proof of mailing them.

This may seem like a lot of work but  the postal seal holds up in court because nothing can be added to the envelope. If the kids say that they aren't getting any mail, you will have very good evidence against her.

Hmmmmm, just thinking but if you put a couple of bucks in some of them, & mention the money in the letter, Could she be charged with mail theft, too, if she doesn't give them their mail?  Hehehehe.

Good luck & God bless. We are praying for you!
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!