Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:07:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Would like your response.

Started by Bolivar, Dec 15, 2004, 11:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolivar

What do you think of the WAL-MART shirts - BOYS ARE STUPID:THROW ROCKS AT THEM, - BOYS ARE PIGS.  

One of the responses I got from this post was:

Author: Holly

"I am sorry but these shirts make me laugh. Actually my 12 year old son and I saw one and started cracking up. I heard when Dr. Laura had started talking about how bad these products are but I really think we are taking ourselves a little to seriously sometimes. I really like the ones with the cartoon rabbits that say funny things like "Shut up I don't care" and stupid things like that. I have one in my office that says boys are smelly."

>>>=====<<<

Here is the post

>>>=====<<<

BOYCOTT WAL-MART - Canada and U.S.A. –
BOYS ARE STUPID:THROW ROCKS AT THEM, - BOYS ARE PIGS

Dear Mr. Wilson,
Thank you for your e-mail as follow up to our conversation earlier today. I've asked one of my associates to research this issue. We will follow up with you once we have completed our review of this situation.
Sincerely,
Andrew Pelletier

ANDREW PELLETIER
DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
WAL-MART CANADA CORP.
PHONE: 905 821-2111, EXT. 4585
CELL: 416-433-0929
FAX: 905 821-6828

===================================

----HACKal Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004
To: Andrew Pelletier

Subject: BOYS ARE STUPID:THROW ROCKS AT THEM - Misandric Child hate products

Mr. Andrew Pelletier
Director, Public Affairs
Walmart Canada Corp.
1940 Argentia Rd.
Mississauga, Ontario Canada L5N 1P9
v 905-821-2111
fax 905-821-6399

Dear Mr. Pelletier,

Re: Misandric hate clothing and other products sold by Walmart containing such slogans as:
"BOYS ARE FROM THE STUPID FACTORY".
"BOYS ARE STUPID; THROW ROCKS AT THEM", "BOYS ARE PIGS"
designed and/or manufactured by David and Goliath of Clearwater Florida.

You can view some of these products on the Walmart Online ordering at your website at:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2616335&cat=64038&
type=3&dept=3920&path=0:3920:58437:64038

You can read more about these slogans on our website under "Child Hate Crimes" at
http://www.canadiancrc.com/Hatred.htm

I was very disappointed this morning to find out that Walmart in the U.S.A. was selling these hate products.

A human rights complaint has been filed against another national retailer in Canada, Bluenotes, a division of American Eagle Outfitters.

I asked you to confirm that Walmart is selling these products in Canada.

In any event, they are selling them in the U.S.A.

It is our position that since Walmart Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Walmart of the U.S.A., it should be boycotted whether or not these specific items are sold in your Canadian stores.

You stated in our conversation this afternoon that you will look into the matter.

Regards,

Grant Wilson
President
Canadian Children's Rights Council
357 Eglinton Ave. W., Suite 905
Toronto, ON M5N 1A3
416-410-6858

Visit our website at //www.CanadianCRC.com for current news on Canadian children's rights.

catherine

the shirts are tasteless but having a national campaign over them might cross the freedom of speech bounderies.  Ask any 8 year old boy what he thinks of girls and you will likely get the same type of responses:  "Girls are Stupid"  "Girls are Dumb".  

Older girls and teens that wear them are poking fun and obviously trying to get the male population to draw attention to her so they would wear them to attract males and to be a little flirty.  Kinda like wearing "Princess" on their rear ends in sweats.

Do I think it hurts boys in the long run?  Nope.  Should be banned from schools?  Yup, for being inappropriate.

MYSONSDAD

Here we go again. It contributes to the deliquency of minors. Fresh out of kindergarten and taught prejudice.

They just lost my business. I refuse to shop where they condemn for profit.

Letters, here they come! Glenn might be interested in this. I think Walmart was in on the last episode from this sh!twhole place.

"Children learn what they live"

catherine

but not Walmart, at least those calendars.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4099643/

MYSONSDAD

Their suggestive products should be removed from ALL stores...

"Children learn what they live"