Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 05:37:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Household Income in PA

Started by Feelincrazy, Jun 18, 2004, 11:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelincrazy

How many people here on the board have had the "household Income" rule brought in?  How many ex's have tried to use this to get more child support?  Do many of them win?

My sister says that I need to let this go, but I am stressed to the max.  I cannot even enjoy the small victory we have had today (see Child Support in PA - UPDATE on the Child Support board.

Kitty C.

If, by 'household', you mean spouse's income is used to calculate support, not a snowball's chance.  Not in any way, shape or form.....UNLESS the obligor is so far behind with arrears that they have to get the money frrm somewhere.  Saw that happen to a friend, she lost her restaurant because her hubby got too far behind on CS and they tapped into her restaurant income.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Feelincrazy

Well, here is the scoop, please read http://www.deltabravo.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=163&topic_id=914&mesg_id=1056&page=

He is actually paid ahead over 900.00, and since this just went into affect overnight, they took out another 114.00 out of his check today!  So, he has a credit of over 1000.00.

I think my fears are all laid out in the thread.  I am just so afraid to feel joy.

Thank you so much for responding.

Kitty C.

I read your 'update' before I posted and that's why I responded the way I did.  And I can understand your fears, too!  Even when you get a 'victory' dealing with these issues, it certainly doesn't mean you can rest on your laurels.  You never know what the BM's will demand or beg for, either.

As for your income. the first sign will be her atty. asking for your tax returns.  ALL you have to submit is your DH's W-2's, they CANNOT ask you to divulge your income.  And if they get a subpoena for the tax returns, black out ALL info regarding you, including if it's combined with DH's.  Just don't arbitrarily hand over financial info until it's ordered by the court.

And ALWAYS remember, the BM can beg and plead and DEMAND all she wants to, but until it's ORDERD by the court, it's all hot air.  SHE cannot force you to do anything, only the courts can.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Feelincrazy

Thanks so much for your response.  My SO said I need to detach from this because I am beginning to obsess.  He is not mad, but concerned.  When I am anxious, I am unable to eat.

I appreciate you helping out.

Feelincrazy

Kitty C.

I know the feeling........ALL too well.  Stress just kills my appetite, you could hear my stomach growling in the next county, but I wouldn't be able to get anything past my mouth, LOL!  The big key here is education and knowing what your rights are (reduces the unknown considerably), and ALWAYS remember that the BM can say ANYTHING she wants, but until it's court-ordered, it's nothing but a lot of hot air.  When you don't let her push your buttons and know your rights, educate yourself as much as possible, it will go a LONG way in lessening the 'crazies'!