Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 07:24:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Notice Regarding Payment of Support - Substitution of Payee (FL 632)

Started by zapped, Jul 08, 2004, 04:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapped

DH just received a letter in the mail and it says that it is a Notice Regarding Payment of Support - Substitution of Payee.

What does this mean? I've tried looking it up on the internet but keep coming up with the form itself. DH called LCSA to find out what it all means but of course all he gets is a recording.

The first page of the letter states:

"All current support payments should be made to BM and there are still assigned arrearages which the LCSA office will continue to collect until they are paid in full. The arrears payments should be made to LCSA."

On the second page (FL 632 itself) the following items are checked:

3b. states that the LCSA is no longer providing services.
4a. states that the LCSA gives notice under Family Code Sec. 4506.3 that judgement debtor must make all current support payments to BM.
4b. states that the judgement debtor must make all payments on arrearages in this proceeding to BM.

The first page of the letter says DH must pay arrearages to LCSA, FL 632 states arrearages must be paid directly to BM.

Thanks in advance.

rini

hi

what state are u in.

sounds to me as though she was recieving welfare services and is now no longer getting them ..  the payments until date of notice were probably reimbursing them for payments they made to her.  

this is just an educated guess.  i was going to look up the statutes but i am not sure if you are in CA or FL i am guessing CA

i know socrateaser can answer this one no problem though if you post on his board

rini

KAT

My thoughts are, when in doubt, send it to CSE, NOT biomom! Keep excellant records. It would probably be wise at this point (if you haven't already done so) to send a certified letter requesting an *audit* of the account. Do so every 6 months or so in order to keep track & have a copy for your records (you'd be amazed how quickly the entire thing can just get lost in the system..POOF!).
KAT