Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:03:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

what are the arguments ???

Started by spinner, Sep 16, 2004, 07:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Hi,

I know everyone here will mostly agree with me:
Child support is a child's right to be "supported" by both parents.

Reality of things is that it's the woman that has full custody (physical) that get's the dough.
Well the other day I was talking with my ex and asked her what if the roles were reversed, would she pay me the CS for her son to be with me and she said "no, this CS is what you need to give me (her) for your son's time with me(her)".

So ok, we all know she is a nutcase and she is wrong but how do you explains the idea that it works both ways to someone that really don't understand the concept?

Don't take me wrong, here I am not trying to convince her or anything but I would like to find out how to educate her on the matter.

It's kinda like a "mad man" believes that everyone esle is mad and that he is the only sane one. how do you open their eyes ?

stepmomtwo1

You might as well just bang your head against the wall. She will never understand and you will never make her. Sorry but I've learned this by experience.

spinner

so the solution is to simply take her to court to get it changed.

I am having "unofficial" shared custody (not on paper) but I am trying to document it to then take her to court and have CS changed.

It is hard for me to understand that she doesn't see that it's not her CS but CS for the child !