Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 11:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for solutions...please share

Started by MixedBag, Feb 22, 2005, 07:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

Take a look at the post below about the dad's child support situation...

I know there are others out there who experience the SAME problem.

Monthly child support payments line up nicely when you're paid monthly and your employer therefore pays monthly for you.

But child support payments where the NCP is paid "bi-weekly" always seem to be a bit goofed up at one point or another throughout the year.

What do you do to "fix it"?

Do you just give up and roll with the punches -- because you know over time it works itself out?

nysoccermom

This happened to my husband's support payments, and I can tell you it really screwed things up.

Our situation and what we did:

My husband's CS payments were taken out of his check weekly by garnishment.  But his old employer chose to send the payment to the SCU monthly.  This was a problem because it showed him 3 weeks in arrears all the time.  We basically had to deal with it for a very long time, because his old employer was a small place and they said it cost them too much to do it weekly.  Recently, about 3 years ago, my husband went to a new job, much bigger emloyer and they do it weekly.  This solved our problem in the fact that now he never shows arrears.

But the BM told us if this was a problem we could have gone back to court and asked them to modify the original order and told them to change it from weekly to monthly support, then he would have not shown he was in arrears all the time.  I think this might help you too.  Depending on how your original support order reads, weekly payments of $xx, then you need to go from there, I think you simply need to get the wording changed.

I hope I answered your question.

Thanks, Paula

MixedBag

On "steptogether.com" she shared this:

This happens to us all the time. DH is a state employee and gets paid bi-weekly. It is ironic that the CS statement gets messed up a couple times a year because of this since he makes his payments directly to the state. You would think that they would understand how there own payroll works.

We just let it go. For three months his statement will show that he is one week in arrears and then it will be caught up for three months. Then the cycle repeats.

For us, the most inconvienent thing about this is that the Order states that DH gets to claim OSD on his taxes as long as CS is paid up by the end of the year. Of course that is usually around the time when the statement shows that DH is one week in arrears. I'm just waiting for the day when we are audited and the IRS tries to take away that exemption because our statement didn't show that he was paid up. I guess I'll jump off that bridge when we get to it.

KAT

Mr. KAT also has voluntary garnishment bi-weekly for over 1k. He (okay damnit I do it) requests an audit every 6 months. It has never, ever been behind not even one week according to CSE, though they are a few weeks behind.
Wonder what gives here? She gets her court ordered slavery paid, whoops I mean hidden alimony whoops I mean child support every two weeks just like Mr. KAT gets paid. How is there $$ missing?
Guess we'll find out. It ENDS in 203 days....wonder what CSE will think of to keep it going longer...hide some type of arrears, add on a huge amount of interest (OOOPSSS, sorry, we didn't tell you!)...ya' think? Heck, I half expect it!! It wouldn't suprise me in the LEAST!! I sent them a cert letter yesterday, we shall see what the real final bill is on this.
PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTT
KAT