Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Not sure what to do....m  (Read 1364 times)


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5378
  • Karma: 217
    • View Profile
Not sure what to do....m
« on: Mar 15, 2005, 11:06:48 AM »
My YD's father is now over $11K in arrears.  He is/was a school bus driver and I typically don't get support in the summer but I budget for that.  Back in October his wife was killed in a car accident (he was driving), ever since then the CS has been sporadic and now it has stopped all together.  I haven't received any CS in over a month now.  I do have a case with CSE, but they don't seem to do much of anything.  I have a feeling he may have quit his job because according to his parents....ever since the accident, he's felt uncomfortable driving the bus.
Should I contact CSE and find out what is going on?  The accident wasn't his fault and he may get a large financial settlement....Can CSE snag that like they do Tax Refunds?

Oh...incase you're wondering...no, he has no relationship with my daughter...through his choice.
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 276
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Not sure what to do....m
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2005, 04:40:46 PM »
You can use the freebie CSE then see what it gets you or you can spend the money to file yourself with/without a lawyer to find out...it's up to you.


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1470
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Not sure what to do....m
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2005, 05:36:39 PM »
Have you tried to call your ex and ask him whats up????

He may have quit or was fired due to his greeving or whatnot.

I am in now way making excuses for him, but a month isn't that long after loosing a loved one.  Maybe he took a leave of absence from work.

Regardless whether the accident was his fault or not he is probably having a hard time not blaming himself since he was driving at the time.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.